ABW Ambassador
    I'm new to Performics and have to say it's the most confusing & cumbersome link creation system I've seen yet. Can't make head or tail of it.

It's right in season, traffic is there, and links need to go up yesterday. You just can't have links from a kids site land on the homepage with grownup apparel. Ain't gonna work!

Is there any way to create product links or at the very least, links to specific appropriate pages? With instructions that are intelligible?

15 years and counting
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Is there any way to create product links or at the very least, links to specific appropriate pages <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You can do it with a few merchants only. On your frontpage where you have "Month-to-Date Commissions Earned" You'll see: Top Ten Clients, Commissions, Action. For each merchant you have "Select an Action..." If you see under Manage Links "Build your own Link" you're in luck. Go there, select your page or product and generate your own link.
    Just be aware, some merchants are so screwy they will cancel that possibility any time without warning and don't expect any help from Performics.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Very helpful instructions from Zeus.

This is correct. You should be able to see "Build your own Link"

On those following pages after you get a new page for your merchant you will see the following:

1 - Go to the new window which has opened up on the top right of your screen.
    Navigate to the page to which you want to create a link.

2 - Now, enter the URL of this page in the field below.
    Link URL:

3 - Enter a Banner URL to associate with this link, or leave this field blank.

Give your new link a name:
    Link Name:

4 - Add comments about your new link: (optional)

&gt; don't expect any help from Performics

If performics does not help you let me know. PM or email me any time.

Remember there is an email address for each Performics' merchant that is based on the following naming convention:

clientnameaffiliates@performics.com

For example: shopt4techaffiliates@performics.com

&gt; If you see under Manage Links "Build your own Link" you're in luck
    &gt; Just be aware, some merchants will cancel that possibility any time without warning

BTW, shop4tech has this option available and I don't cancel anyone without warning.

Are you an affiliate? Have you joined us?

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Jorge:

Do you have a datafeed?

How you doing Jack, thanks for asking.

We will have a datafeed soon, I am working on getting this ASAP.

Programmers started working on datafeed since Tuesday so hopefully this week we should have it ready.

I know this is priority so it's going to happen, you can send me an email affiliates@shop4tech.com and you will be one of the first to test it.

If you read my recent post and Program Highlights:

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...5529#165105529

Free External datafeed soon

Thanks,

Jorge

ABW Ambassador
    Well, they sent an announcement and it looks like some kind of upgrade coming this weekend

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>This weekend (beginning Oct 29), Performics will release enhancements to the link management interface in ConnectCommerce. These new features are designed to help you streamline your catalog of links, find up to date creative for your merchants and quickly add the optimal size and format for your site. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, it looks like the merchant I tried it for doesn't have it available but I found it on others. Seems silly, the ones that don't can lose out by people not wanting to waste web page real estate on links that go to homepages that won't work.

webworker,

That is correct they will be upgrading to a better and easier system this weekend. Hopefully all got the email.

I spoke with performics about this a few days ago and believe me it will be good and much improved.

Here is some more info from that email:

Performics’ New Link Management Features. New Search and Browse Options for Links

We have added new search and browse options to the link management interface that will allow you to browse (or search) for links by Size, Category, Duration or Type. To find a 468 x 60 banner, you no longer have to browse through pages of links in a marketer’s creative library. The new browse and search panel is available at the bottom of every links page; try it the next time you need a specific size link. See below for an example of what the new panel looks like:

http://www.performics.com/marketers/...ancements.html

Link above provides more details an even screen capture tutorials.

Let's hope performics keeps doing a job. So far they have not let me down.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread