ABW Ambassador
    First of all, you have to sign up for different accounts for different niches to get into programs. But that's the least of it, I can live with that one.

I cannot retrieve my password after many tries - for weeks now. I've got a #1 listing for the main keyword phrase, the traffic is there, and no way can I get in to get links for the merchant. I heard back from customer support one time saying the password was reset - no responses after. What good does that DO if they're not being sent. It's as stupid as it gets, they're costing their merchants money.

Sure they don't participate here. They just plain don't communicate at ALL. Period.

I'm surprised Performics survives ... in spite of their overwhelming incompetence.

Think how successful they might be if they got their heads out of those dark places!

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I called them one day about a year ago. I was about to be rude and say "Do you in fact have any humans that actually answer emails sent to info@?

But the women was very nice. Gave me her personal email. And I've had an "in" for the past year.

Last week I emailed her with a list of merchants I wanted to drop. She replied she dropped them for me, but she's no longer in the affiliate division and that I should direct all future correspondence to...

info@ (back to square one!!)

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    but she's no longer in the affiliate division and that I should direct all future correspondence to...

info@ (back to square one!!)
    She must be working in their search division, now. Using all the information she collected from their affiliate best performing keywords to sell the merchants search positionning and compete with you.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Thumbs down
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    She must be working in their search division, now. Using all the information she collected from their affiliate best performing keywords to sell the merchants search positionning and compete with you.
    So true as it's a network made by Adwhores, run by Adwhores and just a front for the dictates of the IAB/DMA members. I'm sure SEO/SEM, data mining & e-mail marketing is the only fulltime task for Performics employees.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    I am frustrated with Performics as well. They do not make it easy to communicate with them, and I have many problems with their links that are supposed to generate a "special offer." They are absolutely terrible about expiration dates and removing old promotions!

I cant find a place to cancel my account with them anywhere evenm though I haven had a performics merchant on my site in months
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Sucess at Perfomics is a little like belonging to a secret society

Fred

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Attention all shop4tech.com affiliates.

If you are an affiliate of shop4tech.com through performics, please keep an eye open for a soon to be posted thread on my forum http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95 about my emails and performics.

Did you try calling them? I have found this to be the quickest route to having questions and concerns addressed.

I can't verify this but I seem to remember someone a long time ago saying here that it was possible to get through by email by using an address like [merchantname]@performics.com
    at least for a specific merchant

you need to save the ORIGINAL welcome or Please join email - as that's the ONLY time you'll ever see it!

Anyway, it's Merchant_name_Affiliates@

For example, NOT WestMarine@performics.com

it should be

WestMarineAffiliates@performics.com

although my gut feeling is anything even close would get read

responded to? well that's a different matter!!

Each merchant has an internal Performics rep that handles their account, although some reps handle more than one account. Billy's method may work, but the correct form is: firstinitiallastname@perfomics.com.

The trick is getting that name !

Fred

Here's a number to try too: 312-739-0222

While I have no PROOF that no one really works at performics...

Today is January 25, I just logged on. and on their main page, this is the Featured Promotion they want me to promote:

Solutions Catalog Special Offer:
    (there's a 125x125 image of a Christmas stocking here)
    Save 10% Now on Stocking Stuffers (125x125)
    Promotion Details:
    Commission Duration: 14 days
    Commission Terms: View Details
    Active Date: 2004-12-06
    End Date: 2004-12-31

keeping the links fresh there is definitely not a first priority. looks like they've put a bunch in rotation. unless they are very early for next year . . .

Herb,

The email after yours "Reply to post 'I have HAD it with Performics'"

was

"Performics Inc. (PAYMENT NOTIFICATION)"

So, SOMEONE must work there!!

Gotta say that the first payment in the list was from 9/30/2004 - GEEZ, that's AUGUST!!

Yeah, the Christmas banner on the landing page of Perf. was pretty stupid on their part. However, the banners you see in the Merchant area are the responsibility of the Merchant. All but a couple of my merchants there update their banners quite regularly, and also email me when new ones are available (sometimes annoying).

As for expired banners - you're right, little or no notice. I will rarely pick a banner that has an expiration date, but with most of my sites I have the luxury of using those types of banners.

And this: "Performics Inc. (PAYMENT NOTIFICATION)" is awesome!

Fred

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Wink Too funny...
    I have to admit, I am sort of a novice in AM. I have been doing it for a little over a year, but just recently have been able to bump up sales. I belong to LS, CJ, BeFree and Performics. I can't tell you how many times my password has been reset by Performics... I have been locked out for long periods of time because the password I KNOW was right is suddenly changed to some weird combination. I was beginning to think I was in a unique situation! And I have never seen money from them. Granted, I don't belong to a ton of merchants through them, due to my fear of being locked out with a lot of time and merchants I use being in their network, but the ones I do use, I know I get traffic for. I find it hard to believe I have made no sales but one time about a year ago (which just sits there since there isn't enough to get a check cut). I have emailed them before and never heard back from them. How do they exist? And more importantly, why do reputable merchants deal with them? Move to LS for Pete's Sake! It's the only network that I think is consistently WORKING.

Cool
    LS working? for some, maybe . . .

anyway, I've managed to consolidate two accounts at Performics, thanks to a worker (yeah, worker!) there who emailed me making sure my request for an email address change got through. I was getting rid of an old ISP/email account.

I was bringing up the want to consolidate as I had money earned from 2001 that didn't reach the $50 threshold yet. Got some real cooperation.

ABW Ambassador
    "Move to LS for Pete's Sake! It's the only network that I think is consistently WORKING."

Linkshare plant? lstolze

Quote Originally Posted by lstolze
    I have to admit, I am sort of a novice in AM. I have been doing it for a little over a year, but just recently have been able to bump up sales. I belong to LS, CJ, BeFree and Performics. I can't tell you how many times my password has been reset by Performics... I have been locked out for long periods of time because the password I KNOW was right is suddenly changed to some weird combination. I was beginning to think I was in a unique situation! And I have never seen money from them. Granted, I don't belong to a ton of merchants through them, due to my fear of being locked out with a lot of time and merchants I use being in their network, but the ones I do use, I know I get traffic for. I find it hard to believe I have made no sales but one time about a year ago (which just sits there since there isn't enough to get a check cut). I have emailed them before and never heard back from them. How do they exist? And more importantly, why do reputable merchants deal with them? Move to LS for Pete's Sake! It's the only network that I think is consistently WORKING.

Right - working to steal your affiliate commissions from you.

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    I don't know about that, since I have alot of sales through Linkshare, and have never had a problem with discrepancies. **shrugs** I guess some people here have had problems, but I don't know, I haven't 'noticed' any problems.

Um...and an LS plant? No, but I wouldn't mind working for them, they're close by to where I live!
    Last edited by lstolze; April 5th, 2005 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Had a misspell!

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread