ABW Ambassador
    i have one seasonal link that still goes to where it was intended to go.

with the coming holiday season, i started to check on it - how it was doing, how many clicks it is currently receiving. and guess what??!! i can't find it in the reports. so i checked all my active links for that merchant and that particular link is not listed at all. it seems that the link was deleted by the merchant at some point.

no wonder the conversion rate at performics is low compared to other networks. the links that do convert are not tracked! and we have no way of knowing it unless we continue checking if the links are still active or not. and with hundreds if not thousands of links, that's hard to keep up.

time to stop making performics links. this is a no-brainer. a lot of our links work fine when clicked BUT are not tracked!!!

links for merchants with concurrent CJ and LS accounts will immediately be replaced by CJ and LS links.

I noticed this last night also. There seems to be major tracking issues on my links. Perfect time of year for this to happen.

Switch the links with simular merchants on other networks. Since you are already getting the traffic, that may help salvage the shopping season for you.

ABW Ambassador
    well, if i am a rogue merchant, i'd do two things. one for short term and another for long term.

for short term, delete the links that sure will convert in the coming months, and which many of the affiliates already have in place. they will still redirect to the merchant site and i don't have to pay anymore for referrals.

for long term, attract as many affiliates as you can, then get out of Performics. (I have seen links before by deactivated merchants that still redirect to the merchant's site)

Performics is, without a doubt, the most INEPT network ever!

I'm surprised merchants bother to use them.

Probably works well for the merchants ... links are screwed up ... tracking doesn't work ... merchants make sales and don't have to worry about paying any affiliates.

What a Crock!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread