ABW Ambassador
    I have not been promoting gardening merchants for long, but recently (2 days ago) made 3 test purchases w/3 merchants...so far only 1 sale has shown up in my reports.

Both of the other merchants do not batch sales. Is it common for sales to take this long to show up?

It's more fun to jump on the trampoline than sit underneath it!

I wouldn't think so - I use Henry Fields and I am not aware that they would be so far behind, mind you I have not done a test. Is it possilble all 3 or yours are part of 1 group??

Abigail

ABW Ambassador
    two of the three are with the same group, but there were three transactions - one with each site, each through a different aff. link.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well the whole flower/gardening merchant pool sure can't do better than 1 sale per 200 clicks as they hone their diversion tactics. Some like Giftree are over 1/800 even with individual product links. No wonder none of them come here and recruit or post.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I searched far and wide for a gardening merchant that had adequate merchandise for my needs. Krupps is the only one I found that is not associated with ebates or other parasites. Unfortunately, they are a CJ merchant so my plans for them were put on hold after the latest "improvement" from CJ and the site is only half finished. I wrote Krupps to clue them in about why I am on the fence since they seem like a pretty good merchant. I hope they have another program elsewhere. I still need a parasite free merchant that sales plants and herbs.

I haven't decided if I will finish the gardening site for Krupps or not. Recommendations appreciated.

Hummm...I could have sworn Henry Fields was an ebates merchant but I don't see them listed now????

Gift Tree is an ebates merchant.

I just looked at the afiliate sign up for Henry Fields but they give no indication how much they pay! Can some one give me a clue?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

[This message was edited by SSanf on April 30, 2003 at 04:43 PM.]

[This message was edited by SSanf on April 30, 2003 at 04:54 PM.]

15% - not bad.

Abigail

Thanks for the info

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

You're welcome - they've been pretty good - seasonal of course, but not bad.

Abigail

Thank you for posting this. We have been affiliates with Michigan Bulb (through CJ) for about five months now. It's produced one single sale. And I'm reasy to find something that would sell more.

I've tried selling outdoor/garden stuff through Amazon - not as strongly though - but nothing there either. If anyone has any good suggestions or helpful stories, feel free to post!

Steve Labinski
    Austin, TX

Michigan Bulb is with ebates that's why you don't make sales. Before you promote a CJ merchant, you should check this list.
    http://www.ebates.com/all_stores.go

ABW Ambassador
    no wonder i do not get any sales from Aarons Baby Basket anymore, ebates offers 7% off!

How do they do that?

rip off merchants,

ABW Ambassador
    the purchases I made were with

Michigan Bulb
    Springhill
    Directgardening

only the sale with Michigan Bulb has shown up in my stats. I clicked straight through my own links before the purchases and so it can only be a tracking issue I would think....

anywho, am drafting a couple emails to shoot off to the merchants with my info. will post when I've heard something.

How can Henry Fields NOT sale herbs for herb gardens?

I need a merchant.

Whoops, wait a minute, I think they do sale some! Yes!!!!

Well, I applied but it is always nail biting until I find out if they will turn down my site because of the "Witch" word. WITCHES PLANT GARDENS, TOO!

[This message was edited by SSanf on May 01, 2003 at 02:14 PM.]

CJ is driving me crazy! I stopped putting up advertisers at CJ after the downgrade. But, I had a site half finished. Well, it started to do well and they showed an interest in me so I thought, well it looks bad unfinished and I have most of the links made so may as well complete it. Well, you guessed it, this new mess they have made has wasted most of my day and now it is down completely as far as getting links. What a mess they have become. What a waste of time.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Damn shame you can't push some mystical Bonsai Trees with wood nymphs and tree trolls. The Bonsai Boys use every sneaky diversion trick in the book. Affiliate code swapping Giftcertificate service ...HUGE 800# banner on every page...eBates 12% bonus ..3 other Flower/Garden merchants reselling their trees all playing the B-a-HO game. Like the hobby pages my grandfathered bonsai pages rank high in the SEs and these merchants just suck my shoppers into some outsider commission trap.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Try the garden merchants at Performics they work great for me. Sometimes you might see a merchant at the Ebates site, but Ebates might only use affiliate links from 1 Network. Some merchants belong to more than 1 Network

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

Thanks for the heads-up on Michigan Bulb and ebates. I looked at their list of vendors. I see another one of my affiliates - Omaha Steaks, on there.

Now, would someone fill me it - what is Ebates doing here? Am I not getting any sales because people are already visiting through ebates, and buying their stuff at a discount? I'm confused.

When I ran Michigan Bulb banners, I sent them a good number of click-thoughs...but only one $40 sales after five months. Was ebates siphoning that away from me?

Thanks
    Steve Labinski
    Austin, TX

I have a few basic questions on ebates... do people have to check that "moe money maker" on their site for something to popup when they shop??

Do merchants themselves have ebates links on their site that overwrite our affil links or does it depend on someone already previously signing up? Thanks.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread