In a nutshell - avoid the Harry & David affiliate program. I want to share my recent experience with their program to all current and future affiliates of the program:

I generated more than $13,000 in sales for Harry & David last December, yielding me $1000+ in commissions. They decided, on their own and without any communication with me, that my site posted an "unauthorized coupon" sometime in December and that they would not pay me my commission for the entire month!

Worse, there was not one bit of communication from either Harry & David nor Performics to me on this matter! I had to contact Performics in April to state Harry and David were past due, only to find out they were not going to pay me. Further, it took until last week to find out why!

As an experienced affiliate, I know most of their sales were generated by my promotion of Harry & David as a provider of gift baskets, last minute gifts, etc. It kills me that I would work so hard and they would not only not pay me, but decide they do not even owe the courtesy of a letter or phone call when there is a problem.

I would hate for this to happen to any of you.

Man thats really sucks thanks for the heads up about them i wont ever use them.

15 years and counting
    Sorry to hear about your experience, Scrappy. Two years ago, I was above Harry & David in Google organic search. They gave me a hard time with their TM. Unfortunately for them, I was not using their TM in PPC or any hidden places on my web pages, nothing they could do to prevent me to get my commissions. Anyway, I didn't like their AM at that time. He was not better than their legal people. I'm still an affiliate, I still have good rankings even if they are first now "of about 6,310,000 results" but I don't promote them. Their commission sucks, isn't it around 5 or 6%. They have nice stores and catalogs but that's it. I've better opportunities for their product lines. Just do like me, get your money and forget them.

Zeus

Thanks for the input - I've tried to get my money through Performics, and to organize a call with Harry & David and they will do neither. So I guess I'm giong to send a letter, then send off to my collection agancy. I don't know what else to do.

Their commission is low and they offer 0 return days, so I'm sure I helped make many more sales for them and was not compensated...

15 years and counting
    After they (Harry & David) gave me such a hard time, they wanted to work with me.
    It can give you an other contact to discuss with at Performics. Can't guarantee it still accurate.

"Greetings! My client, Harry and David, would like to work with you for the upcoming Q4 holiday season, as well as beyond, to secure additional placements and premium placements on your site. As you know, for any sales over $3k in a month, you'll receive an 8% commission!
    Harry and David is a great gift idea for the upcoming holiday season and has always been a solid performer in Q4! Let me know if you have any ideas or thoughts on how we can increase their exposure on your site. Any questions, etc. please let me know.

Best Regards,

[Contact person removed as per request]

ABW Ambassador
    Harry and David has not credited me with any commissions since July. I just discoved that there return days are 0 - can you believe that?

I also discovered that Jackson and Perkins has 0 return days.

I am in the process of clarifying this, but am ready to drop them like a hot potato.

Or you could link to Harry & David through Amazon, and make more money. They will also have to pay amazon more money for the same sales.

ABW Ambassador
    Bummer.

Are you denying that you had unauthorized coupons?

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread