View Poll Results: Big Chuck's transaction poll

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's history - reversed (oops, I mean "corrected") is what my bet is on

28 93.33%
  • I dunno, Chuck. I have had big trans. with asontv that went through. It's good to go!

2 6.67%
    ABW Ambassador
    I just got a commission today from asontv.com. The commission was $92.40 for a $924.00 purchase. How many of you say the chances are that this transaction will be reversed?

Big Chuck
    If you can't run with the big dogs, then stay on the porch!

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    It's history - reversed (oops, I mean "corrected") is what my bet is on
    Yep. As 95% of those contibuting to the poll realized; reversed! I mean "corrected", and of course, it was "accepted". Reason? Invalid credit card.

Other reversals (I mean corrections):
    • BigDogs.com (there third month in a row for "corections") - invalid cc on a $42.99 purchase.
    • WonderfulBuys.com - the ever so popular "other" reason on an $80.99 purchase.
    • Etronics (who could have ever guessed? - this makes them 100% "corrected" with me, if my memory serves me right) - invalid cc on a $169.98 purchase.[/list]How do we really know what really happened behind each order? Especially the one for "other"?

Big Chuck

I hope you didn't already spend that money, Big Chuck!

Instead of being happy when big sales come through, I hate to see them because so often they are reversed.

Until CJ starts forcing some compliancy and accountability requirements on merchants, there will be more of the same. Someday it will all catch up with them...

Andy

"If you were born to be shot, you'll never be hung." -Unknown

ABW Ambassador
    I get this idea, sometimes, that advertisers try to stay within an advertising budget, and pick and choose which ones are kept, and which ones are going to get reversed.

There is a good reason to believe that a 900 plus dollar purchase could be suspect by the affiliate. That we might expect it to be a bad purchase. soooooo... "let's go ahead and reverse it since it seems so obvious. 99.9% of the time the affiliate doesnt know how to obtain verification from us on the transaction, so we'll just reverse it." or... "they don't promote us exclusively, or have that many purchases, so the occasional transaction that comes from 'x' number of affiliates can be easily reversed without being to suspicious."

I think affiliate managers, or whoever does the approval of transactions, has ways to get around, and keep themselves within a quota of dollars spent on commissions.

Most of my transactions over $100.00 (especially from certain advertisers) are reversed. Over $200.00 you might as well forget it ever happened.

shoplifestyle.com (Life Style Fascination Online) has reversed most of thier transactions since December for the reason "other".

Big Chuck

Big Chuck,

Big Dogs does the same thing to me. For some reason they won't let a big commission slip by. I have one pending now that I don't even add into my monthly stat figures because I know it's destiny

Coincidence Me baby!

Affiliate Programs That Just Might Work

ABW Ambassador
    I had a sale a few months ago from A&E for $900+ Commission was $97. It stuck and I got paid. I even got a bonus (although it was never added to my CJ total) which means I am still waiting for it.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    BigDogs is a rip-off.

Months ago I dropped them after 5 invalid credit card reversals over a month's time (in a row ). No other merchant up to that point had ever reversed a sale for that reason.

Why are they a magnet for invalid credit cards? Because they are crooks.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread