I have tested this multiple times. Use my affiliate link, Miles Kimball uses the FULL price on their Kimball Klearance items when placed in the shopping bag. Key in MilesKimball.com - NO such problem. Is this a scam? Or do I have bad links? One is a current promotion; one is the original link I was issued when approved.

of course, the Performics people won't respond to posts here. I'm not an aff of Miles Kimball so can't test it either, but here's an idea . . .

seems to me I've seen posts here where people were able to assume a support email address based on company name. why not try to send a carefully worded email with your observation to mileskimball@performics.com and see if it gets accepted by their email server and especially if it brings a response.

we've heard here that once you get a response from a live person at performics that particular person can be called on for other problems.

and I may be totally wrong, but it seems worth a try.

This is the response I received from Miles Kimball:

We apologize for the difficulties you experienced while trying to place
    an order online. In order to receive paper catalog pricing while
    shopping online you must enter the KEY CODE from the back of the
    catalog
    or on the paper order form. Once you have clicked the icon for CATALOG
    QUICKSHOP, a box will appear for the input of that Key Code. The sale
    prices and special offers shown in CATALOG QUICKSHOP do not combine
    with
    other website offers and sales.

-- So in other words, they display the Klearance pricing, but won't honor it for customer's clicking from an affiliate.

If a customer enters a catalog number, does that void your commission?

This is odd and fruitless. I have also tested the cart and *most* items that are on sale revert to normal price on checkout. I didn't see any mention on the site that said you need a special code to get the advertised prices. Very odd. This needs to be addressed further. Certainally it is a glitch of some sort. If the prices are advertised ON the site, I am sure many customers will be unhappy at not getting the advertised prices, not just those clicking from affiliate sites.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    WoW ...talk about a cheapskate merchants wanting to maximize affiliate traffic. I'm not one of their affiliates, but I guss they'll shove a e-mail and free catalog offer in every referrals face.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    shelbyprincess,

WHO did you contact? Performics? Or someone at MK?

I joked on another Performics thread that my commissions arrived the other day - and one was a sale from AUGUST. (It was MK)

I thought it was just a lost sale someone found and stuck onto the other day's check - but NO. MK is 5 months behind in paying me?

I contacted Perf, and they gave me the ol' "we can't pay you 'till they pay us" speech.

So I'm hoping you have a name at MK - I have a need to VENT!!!

Thumbs down You won't believe this....
    Sorry it took so long for me to get back. Here was Miles Kimball's response to my second inquiry:

"Thank you for your most recent email. If you would like to have the affiliate links discount, and the Klearance prices we can do that. All you need to do is call our Customer Service department and having them adjust your order. We are sorry for the inconvenience, and we thank you for your patience.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact our Customer Service department.

Thank you,

Miles Kimball Customer Service

1-800-255-4590"

I'm speechless.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    So you just contact their general customer support - not a specific person inside MK?

Don't know if anyone noticed this, but besides being 5 months behind in payments, all their individual product links have started pointing to their main page instead of the product - which is useless for my site.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    seems to me I've seen posts here where people were able to assume a support email address based on company name. why not try to send a carefully worded email with your observation to mileskimball@performics.com
    Edited after checking: That's in the Sticky at the top of this (the Performics) forum section.

Here's the affiliate address from that post:

MilesKimballAffiliates[at]performics.com
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Post It's true I wrote Customer Service first...
    ... I wanted to see what they would tell a loyal customer (loyal to an affiliate site that is.)

I will write Miles Kimball affiliate support as well.

It appears the Miles Kimball affiliate links are now honoring clearance prices shown.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbyprincess
    It appears the Miles Kimball affiliate links are now honoring clearance prices shown.
    I don't see that. I clicked on the Clearance link, put an item into the cart and was charged the full price. I didn't start to check out, though (perhaps the priced gets reduced during checkout?).

Angry UNETHICAL Merchant!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr_Sacc
    I don't see that. I clicked on the Clearance link, put an item into the cart and was charged the full price. I didn't start to check out, though (perhaps the priced gets reduced during checkout?).
    I must have gotten a "fluke" link because none of my current available links give the correct pricing for Kimball Klearance!

In fact, they are getting "smarter" (sarcasm intended)! Now they do not show the Kimball Klearance on the home page.

But if you click Sale, Kimball Klearance shows up. Click Kimball Klearance, put an item in your cart, shows up as FULL PRICE!

Not only that, their affiliate offer is currently Free Shipping with $40 purchase, but their own e-mail campaign is Free Shipping with a **$25** purchase!

I now consider this merchant highly unethical! Can anyone tell me how to get them OFF my Performics account? I do not want their company in my face.

TIA!

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread