Hi all.
    I suscribe to the InternetRetailer and an article caught my eye.
    The discussion was about paid versus organic (or natural) search engine results.
    A company was speaking of using Performics to optimize paid and natural search:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>XXXX elected to use Performics for natural search as well as paid. “We had this existing relationship with Performics, and they came to us with a tool that was not going to require a lot of labor on our side. The labor is on their side in setting up these proxy sites.”
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Proxy sites? Can someone take a look at this article and tell me what's going on here?

Also:<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The agency will present accessible versions of the XXXX sites to the search engine companies. Without the service, the spiders used by the search engines to find relevant sites for search results would have difficulty exploring the XXXX web pages <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are they talking about doorway pages and cloaking? This has me scratching my head.
    Go to Internet Retailer to read the article.

Thanks.
    Rick K.
    "Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't...You're right!" -Henry Ford-

I think Performics has their fingers in a lot of pies. We're only a small part of it.

15 years and counting
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Herb - We're only a small part of it <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    At the same time, they collect all our data, traffic of our own keywords, to use that information to compete with us in the search engines by selling positioning
    to their merchants. That's conflict of interest.

umm . . . I guess the same can be said of several of the larger networks, too. Too bad they won't share with us, considering we are the source.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread