I'm surprised that this site converts at all. It looks very amateurish in design, and with all the annoying surrounding ads (You've WON!!!!! [FLASH, FLASH, FLASH], and Classmates), poople are confused about what they really sell. In contrast, Magazania's site is very professional looking and focused.

Hey MagazineCity, let's put some focus and professional design back into your site.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Yes. Magazinecity.net should NOT be taking affiliate traffic and siphoning it off for their own non-magazine related use.

There should be a RULE forbidding that sort of thing in the affiliate-aggregation industry.

I'm going to rebuild my sites with magazania links.

Jimmy James Inc. fan club membership # 3312

15 years and counting
    Don't forget on top of all the advertisement you have the pop up and pop under windows for each product page stealing your traffic. Wondering if there's any kind of compliance for merchants at CJ.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    Yes, I'm surprised too! very ameturish site compaired to other magazine sites on the net but they convert!

I've been getting sales from them regularly!

---
    "The tongue like a sharp knife... Kills without drawing blood."~ The Tathagata

Converting may be the end purpose, but I want to send my traffic to a great looking site, that won't distract my reader from the original purpose: Buy a Magazine.

What does Classmates and "You've Won" advertising have to do with selling magazines? How much of my traffic is being re-directed to these other programs that I'll never be credited for?

MagazineCity, let's have some more focus in your site design.

Apollo

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo

You guys convinced me. I wasn't selling too many mags, maybe an order every 3 months, but I wasn't worried about it, it was sort of a side line. Anyway, after reading this you guys planted the seed. So when I saw magmall in performics I decided you guys was right and I'm switching as soon as they accept me. will I get more sales??? Who knows, but its worth a shot.

Mike
    Bovine Bazaar
    Cow gifts and collectibles

Do all right with magazine city , a little with magazania , and very well with Bestdeal. But magazine city has foreign delivery which is a plus for sales.
    I agree the pop-ups should go , but I guess they need the extra revenue. They follow the magazine industry rules of selling at publisher prices , but I think the discounters are cutting into their sales.

MYSTICAL CARIBBEAN LOVELEAF - It's Brought Good Health, Good Luck - and LOVE - to Caribbean People For Years!
    http://www.loveleaf.net

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread