Did anyone else get the "affiliation terminated" email from CJ on these guys? Said they're ending on 5/13/03 because of "Deactivation of the Lunarpages.com program".

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Pet moon rocks and space junk must not be selling good.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Didn't they have some insane $80 payout for $84 worth of hosting?

The hosting market is so saturated with little kids or greedy adults who can't crunch basic numbers to figure out the cost of aquisition cannot be higher than the profit generated by the customer, that many of these businesses are going to tumble.

featureprice is next to dead, hostrocket has gone downhill, powweb never been good, ipowerweb in a free fall of service and stability - they simply cannot continue with these payouts for that little of return and still deliver a decent product.

Chet

Chez Noir, being a Super Member, you should know how they make their cash.

You sell their product, they pay commission, two weeks later, they keep customer and money, reverse your commission, and give you the reason of "other" for the reversal.

I may be bitter, but, every sale I've had with Powweb, Ipowerweb, and every other web hosting company has been reversed! When you contact them, they give no reason, or don't contact you!

We are not terminating any program with CJ.

We actually terminated you and five other accounts because of their really bad converstion ratio.

Making no sales for over 3 months. With no pageviews. Only thusands of clicks that did not convert.

And stevem224, check our chargeback ratio on CJ, we have the lowest one in our category.

We never reverse any sales unless they are cancelled by the user within their 30 day money back period. And that rarely ever happens.

For your information, there are no kids running web hosting companies on CJ.com

Best Regards,

Maximiliam Andersen
    Lunarpages
    714-521-8150

I didn't get any notice of that. Not in my regular email and not in my CJ email. I just sent an email off tho Max, the Lunarpagers affiliate manager, asking what the deal is. LunarPages is one of my best selling companies.
    Chet said...
    quote:
    Didn't they have some insane $80 payout for $84 worth of hosting?

Nope. I wish.
    stevem224 said...
    quote:
    You sell their product, they pay commission, two weeks later, they keep customer and money, reverse your commission, and give you the reason of "other" for the reversal.

I have never had a reversal from any of the companies you mentioned.

Compare prices and features of over 100 different web hosting plans. Visit my new reseller section. http://www.IceIsHot.com

Sorry, Max, somehow misunderstood this email from CJ, but, it does state "deactivation", does it not?;

View Message
    Subject: Affiliation Terminated
    Date: 6-May-2003, 4:38 PDT

We regret to inform you that your relationship with Lunarpages.com has been set to expire, and you will no longer be affiliated with this advertiser as of 13-May-2003. This is not intended as disapproval of the quality or value of your Web site. Each Commission Junction advertiser has the option to determine how many and what types of publishers they will approve to their program, and they may also make changes to their program which warrant removing some of their publishers. In this case, the advertiser has supplied the following reason for removal:

Deactivation of the Lunarpages.com program

You must remove any banners or links you are hosting on your Web site for this program at your earliest convenience. You are welcome to apply to and to host links from other Commission Junction advertisers at any time. Login to the member area at http://www.cj.com/login.jsp to find our current advertiser programs and to retrieve their links. Commission Junction values your participation in the Commission Junction Network and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Please be aware that this decision was not made by Commission Junction but by the advertiser. For assistance, please use the "Support" tab at the top of the Account Manager.

Best Regards,

Client Services
    Commission Junction

Seems this email would mislead a little bit?

Would also like to see the chargeback numbers, but, weren't they taken away in the new account manager 6.0?

And why would it matter if you received 1000's of clicks that didn't convert (yet), you don't pay for that advertising, the affiliates do.

It really doesn't matter to me much, as I've stopped with the push on web hosts to make money about 2 months ago, just get a few clicks now. Focusing on the sites that tend to convert better, for me, anyways.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Just cause you devise a way to throw nails on the InfoHiway flattening the "Mouse" tires in front of a merchants door doesn't mean squat. The Tricks for clicks crew should never complain when their captives rebel at the cash register.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    I used to promote CJ's hosting programs. Not anymore. My own hosting purchase didn't even show up.

Hosting is an insanely competitive marketplace. Merchants are going to be concerned about EPC in order to make their programs attractive, so I guess publishers need to deliver the goods.

I've only sent about 40 clicks to Lunarpages and made two conversions with no reversals, so frankly that looks pretty good

________
    All your commission are belong to us.
    Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread