Hi, My name is Lori Spencer and I am the Affiliate Marketing Coordinator for Gardens Alive. I must profusely apologize to all of my Gardens Alive affiliates, we were switching program terms and something went wrong, thus expiring my affiliates! This was not supposed to happen. Please make sure you check your accounts and accept the pending offer so that you can quickly be reinstated to our group. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience, I do not know what went wrong. Thanks! Lori

Go easy on yourself Lori.

Apparently you weren't the only merchant this happened to and it was the direct result of a glitch in CJ's upgrade.

I'll remain calm about this but CJ...wake up and smell the Folger's.

We should have been notified of this by YOU in the affiliate panel. We've been asking begging for weeks now for you to address the update glitches, all while working our cabooses off for the Mother's Day rush. Now that the Mother's Day shipping deadlines are just about up - we're just now starting to get notice that the system caused affiliates to become expired on certain programs?

And why must be this be discovered by the merchants themselves?

Something is seriously broken in the lines of communication between your responsiblities to both merchant and affiliate.

With my best,

Liz
    http://Styleforfree.com

ABW Ambassador
    Today I was expired without notice accidentally from another merchant that wanted to change terms...

Fer

Hi
    I am continuing to battle this. I sent an email out through my Spring Hill Nursery account, which we also run, in hopes that some of the publishers are the same on both. CJ was only able to reinstate my pubs that have made sales in the last few weeks. If anyone has any other ideas how I can get the word out to the Gardens Alive affiliates, I would greatly appreciate your input. Thanks! Lori

Lori,

If the number of affiliates lost is great, I'd blanket email all the CJ affiliates and set up a forum here to effectively communicate with all of them. Hey you might even get a few new sign ups also

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Hi,
    It is a significant amount, close to 2000 publishers! When you say blanket email them, do you mean use the paid email campaigns in CJ to send to all "not joined" publishers? This is one route I have been considering. Thanks for your input. Lori

YEP! But to their real email account not the CJ mail system.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I didn't think merchants had access to the email addys of "not joined" publishers...

The lack of spam in my email (outside the CJ system) from every merchant and their sister would indicate that this is the case, as well.

~Revenue is King

I have you on my list of merchants that are affiliated with parasitic/ebates programs.

As long as this continues to be the case, I cannot be sorry for any of your misfortune. You are biting the very hand that feeds you!

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Hi, I am just trying to spread the word to my affiliates as to what happened, not asking for sympathy as to whatever it is that happened. As to the ebates thing. I'm not sure I really understand how this works. I just found out about it through these boards a couple of weeks ago and have been trying to find out more information. If you have some insight you can share with me as to how ebates is stealing from affiliates, I would greatly appreciate it. Once I have all the facts together, I will reconsider them as part of our program. Thanks for any help you can give! Lori

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread