This is to David @ Cusimano as well as other script users...

David - you must have pretty good information on how well (or otherwise) the various merchants you've "scripted" convert the traffic they're sent.

And as a group (of script users), we should see relatively similar results shouldn't we? Sure, there will be some differences due to how people got to our sites and who they are, but the information they use to click throught to the merchant is pretty much the same, so things should be more level by then.

Example 1 - the photorazzi conversion rate in another thread.

Example 2 - it seems the GoCollect program doesn't actually report very much at all?

Example 3 - Sorry - I've just changed my mind about the example I was about to post. It wasn't based on a cusimano script, but it was a merchant they use. I need to look again at the numbers - if they're as good as they seem, I'm off to buy some advertising [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Anyway, my key point is - the idea of datafeeds, scripts etc is fantastic, but we shouldn't leap at the chance to build a site just because it can be done, we should be looking at the merchant performance in all kinds of areas first.

And I guess, David, we rely on you to do a kind of due diligence while selecting a target merchant to "script". Maybe you could share some of your processes - and your experiences with the current range of merchants you support?

Stewart Hutton | Are you Crazy?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CrazyGuy:
    Example 2 - it seems the GoCollect program doesn't actually report very much at all?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you need more detailed stats from GoCollect than what they have on their site, write to either Laura or Lou and they will send you out a spreadsheet with how many clicks & sales that you have gotten.

Heidi
    Fit2a-t: The Center of the T-shirt Universe!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CrazyGuy:
    And I guess, David, we rely on you to do a kind of due diligence while selecting a target merchant to "script". Maybe you could share some of your processes - and your experiences with the current range of merchants you support?

Stewart Hutton | Are you Crazy?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stewart,

I use all the scripts myself.

Unfortunately, the conversion rate so far for photorazzi.com has not been as high as I had hoped. I suspect that it is just the nature of the products photorazzi.com is selling.

Recently, I have been mixing in related amazon.com products (by using amazon.pl) -- for example on my Harrison Ford's photos page it also shows his movies from amazon.com. I'm still promoting them, however, I am continuing to analyse my photorazzi sales to determine whether it is worthwhile for me to continue to promote to them.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread