I just installed the new Amazon XML script and everything works fine except my Result Templates HTML files from the old version.
    I didn't make any changes to them and I think they should work but they don't.
    In amazon.ini I have
    template.dir amazon-template
    And in that directory I have my four files:
    * browse.html
    * search.html
    * template.html

If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it.
    THANKS!

I only use one template and its named amazon.html - maybe the various templates are not supported in this version

Heidi
    Fit2a-t: The Center of the T-shirt Universe!

Maria,

Put your templates into the amazon-template subdirectory (assuming you have the template.dir configuration variable set to amazon-template). The default template filename is amazon.html (note: if you rename the script to some other name such as shop.pl then the default name changes accordingly, e.g.: shop.html).

The new version (amazon.pl XML v2.10.16, and later) supports many new search types (e.g.: search by ASIN). We decided to simplify the template mechanism. Basically, the script looks for: (1) template specified by the template parameter, (2) amazon.html, (3) built-in template.

If you want your searches to use a particular template, such as search.html, then in your searches set the parameter called "template" to "search".

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

Thanks for the prompt answer!!!
    It works perfect now. I had the wrong file names.

I still wanted to know how can I get the original amazon.pl script version 10 so I can make some changes to the source code to display only one book.

Thanks,
    Maria [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>... to display only one book.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maria,

I've responded to you by a direct email. I'm posting here for the benefit of other users.

To display one particular product, do an ASIN search and put it into a grid, such as:

http://www.bime.com/cgi-bin/amazon.p...d&ssi&nocredit

Substitute in your own domain name and the amazon.com ASIN of the product to display. In this example, I've included "nocredit" to turn off the "Powered by" line and included "ssi" to indicate it is called via an SSI include statement.

You can also display a group of specific products by including all the ASIN numbers as part of the asinsearch parameter; separate each ASIN with a comma. For example:

http://www.bime.com/cgi-bin/amazon.p...54706&grid=c:2

You can do this to create your own "my recommends".

You can also put the list of ASIN's in a text file in the amazon-asin directory (one per line), such as mylist.txt, and use it by using the parameter asinsearch=mylist or you could use asinsearch=mylist:1 to randomly pick 1 of the ASIN's in mylist.txt (the number after : specifies how many to pick, e.g. :2 would randomly pick 2 ASIN's from the file). There are other ASIN features, such as dated ASIN lists so you can have a different ASIN list for each weekday/day/month/hour/etc.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

I'd just like to add that it was unbelievably easy to modify the template to make the result pages of Amazon.PL look exactly like the rest of my site. In fact, it took me less than an hour.

I just made a simple table and used "include pages" to bring in my standard header, footer and left/right menus. I put the {results} in the center cell and I was done! So easy!

The template (amazon.html) is just a few lines of code.

And it works for Amazon.PL's grids, lists and searches automatically.

Excellent work on this product, David!

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread