I installed Amazon.pl/xml last week. You guys are correct with one thing. This was the easiest version to configure and install yet!

Unfortunately, I have a problem that I cannot figure (or configure) out! My clicks (and sales!) are not tracking in my Report tab at associates.amazon.com. Everything looks OK, but my stats are suffering. I have two sites with hardcoded Amazon links that are tracking and selling as usual. My sites with amazon.pl are out of business even though they display fine, and the links appear "OK" to me.

David, or someone -- please check out anonymousrex.com and tell me what I have done wrong!?!?

Thanks - Amazon.pl is great, and this is just a temporary snafu, hopefully on my part...

-Brandon

Brandon,

amazon.com must be experiencing a delay in its stats reports relating to XML. I've been using amazon.pl XML myself for over 6 weeks and it is tracking in my amazon.com stats.

The links that appear on your website are the URL's that amazon.com XML Web Services provides to the amazon.pl XML script. Your links look just like mine (except for the assoicate ID).

I'll send an email to amazon.com and ask them if they are experiencing a delay in generating the stats reports relating to XML.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

I was hoping that I had screwed something up, but I'd prefer if it's Amazon's problem!

Are your XML stats current? My actual stats lists up through yesterday, but again, clickthroughs and sales are only for hardcoded items.

-Brandon

Brandon,

My amazon.com stats are current to today (Oct 29, 2002).

I logged in to amazon.com Associates Central. Then I clicked on Traffic Report and then selected "Traffic by Linking Method" for today. The "Amazon.com Web Services (XML)" row (7th row down) is showing non-zero numbers for me.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

Ok - now its starting to make a little sense. I typically run a "Traffic by Item - Click Throughs" on the previous day to determine if there are runs on any products that may need highlighting. If I run the "Traffic by Linking Method" report, it shows twice as many clickthroughs.

So, the XML doesn't register individual product clickthrough's like the old amazon.pl did, because XML is a different linking method?

If this is the case, I'm greatly relieved, and disappointed that there isn't a way to evaluate which products we're connecting our visitors to.

My XML is obviously working, so that's great! Do we need to get on Amazon for more detailed reporting of xml clicks? Or is there a different way to get the details?

-Brandon

Brandon,

I looked at my "Traffic by Item - Click Throughs" report and it looks like clicks via XML are not shown in that report. The clicks via XML do show up in the "Traffic by Linking Method" report in the "Amazon.com Web Services (XML)" row.

So clicks via amazon.pl XML are tracked. But they don't seem to show up in the "Traffic by Item - Click Throughs" report.

It looks like amazon.com has to redesign their reports.

Amazon.com replied to my inquiry about "missing clicks" and they said that associates should contact them directly (with their associate ID) and amazon.com will look into your reports. I suggest contacting amazon.com and asking them to include XML clicks in the click throughs report.

Yours truly
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread