Maybe I'm suffering from information overload (so many options, so little time...) but I've a couple of things I'm stuck on:

1) If I call a page with the URL (usual prefix deleted):
    ...pl?type=search&mode=music&keyword=bruce+springsteen

and my results template includes within it a link to:
    ...pl?type=search&mode=DVD&keyword={urlkeyword}

shouldn't {urlkeyword} be replaced with bruce+springsteen ? Currently nothing appears there.

2) I can't seem to get subject specific titles and keywords to work. My results template has {titleFull} in the title meta tag, and {metaKeywords} in the um, keywords meta tag - but nothing shows up for either of them.

I've spent some time on these, but as I can't find an example where anything other than "product" appears as the title or where I can see subject-specific keywords, it occurred to me that I should ask before spending more time on it...

...and ask here in case the answer is of use to others. (David, if the answer is that I'm stupid, please reply by PM [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] )

Are you Crazy?

amazon.pl XML v2.10.16 was written from scratch and thus some of the features of the earlier amazon.pl (v2.08.11) are not fully supported yet.

In amazon.pl XML v2.10.16,

1) {urlkeyword} does not work. It will be fixed in a future release.

2) Some substitution variables are not supported. Some return "" (empty string) while others return "Products". These will be implemented in a future release.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Keep in mind that amazon.pl XML v2.10.16 contains many new features that were not available in the earlier amazon.pl

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cusimano:
    Sorry for any inconvenience.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No major worries - the only real inconvenience is if you spend lots of time "fixing" something before you find out it was never going to work at this time. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cusimano:
    Keep in mind that amazon.pl XML v2.10.16 contains many new features that were not available in the earlier amazon.pl
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed - I think a lot of confusion is because the documentation is (understandably) in transition too, though I see more XML stuff appearing now.

My main reason for championing the items above is I'm paranoid about SEs dismissing script-generated sites and pages as duplicates - and it's these kind of substitutions that introduce variety between pages and between sites.

I'll stay tuned [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Are you Crazy?

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread