Help, is anyone else having any trouble with the XML script today? The old version works, but all my pages are encoded for the new version.... Any thoughts?

I think/hope it's the amazon services that are slow/having problems. Went to their forums earlier but didn't see anything.

Unfortunately it started at a time I was testing some new scripts - I wasted ages trying to find bugs that weren't there.

It does throw up a problem with this though - I'm finding that an entire page is timing out because of the delay in getting the XML stuff - which may only be a tiny part of the page.

Are you Crazy?

Glad i'm not the only one, my page sits for about 1-2 mins and then reports no items found! Really usefull, NOT [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

The problem is with Amazon.com Web Services. See the announcement from amazon.com here:

http://forums.prospero.com/n/mb/mess...msg=26.1&ctx=0

Your truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The problem is with Amazon.com Web Services. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The thing that made me more concerned that it was my site at fault - I went to one of your pages and that was up! I guess it was a bad choice of page! hehehehe

I gotta find someone I can exchange url's with for reference [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Amazon.com Web Services is working again [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] - see the above URL for the announcement from Amazon.com.

@Akoss: you continued to see amazon.pl XML results at my website because the particular page you accessed was probably in my cache. Your cache files are stored in the "amazon-cache" directory on your server.

If you have not already done you should have created a subdirectory called "amazon-cache" in the directory where amazon.pl XML is located. See: http://www.cusimano.com/scripts/amazon/xml.html for instructions.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ^akoss^:
    ...my page sits for about 1-2 mins and then reports no items found!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

amazon.pl XML has a configuration paramater that lets you set the timeout! The default value is 30-seconds.

In your amazon.ini file, see the "xfer.timeout" configuration variable. The default value is 30 seconds. The valid range is 30 to 180 seconds.

You can also set the number of times amazon.pl XML retries after each timeout. See the "xfer.retriesmax" configuration variable in your amazon.ini file. The default value is 0. This value should be fine for most webmasters. The valid range is 0 to 3.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>amazon.pl XML has a configuration paramater that lets you set the timeout! The default value is 30-seconds.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It sure seemed like more than 30 seconds... I'm pretty sure that it IS indeed set to 30 seconds.

I'm gonna check my page-cache settings, I think perhaps they are too short, I just checked and there are 434 files in there, I guess they were all too old to use today.

What does everyone use as a default?

The Amazon XML service has been buggy these last two days. It is currently really sloooooooowwww.

which would account for almost no sales in the last 2 days. I was amazed at how long it took for one page to load today when I was on one of my sites.

David... I think I like old amazon better - LOL

Heidi
    Fit2a-t

I've even had a drop in unique visitors, let alone orders.

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread