ABW Ambassador
    Hi David,

I'm trying to get the GoCollect pages to build I keep getting the following error message

<text>
    Fatal error:
    duplicate manufacturer code: 'enesco-gifts-home-d-cor' for 'enesco gifts & home
    d+_cor' and for 'enesco gifts & home d_cor'</text>

I've tried the troubleshooting tip about increasing the 'fnLength' variable (in fact I increased the value several times...I tried 32, 64, 126, and 256) and I got the same error message each time. Is it a corrupted datafeed file or does the latest datafeed have duplicate information?

Troubled in Tucson [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

CollectableCrazy.com {} CollectibleCrazy.com {} eTMAC.com {}
    ExchangeReview.com {} Seek360.com

I had to exclude 2 manuf in the last datafeed as a quick fix to make the thing run. True to form, I never went back to delve deeper into the problem or see how much I was missing by excluding these.

Stanley - if you want to get up and running before we find out about the ultimate solution, add these 2 lines to your .ini file:

exclude mfg.name =^= "enesco" #gets rid of duplicate error
    exclude mfg.name =^= "woodworkers" #gets rid of duplicate error

Are you Crazy?

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks CrazyGuy! I knew by looking at the docs that I could do something like that...but I wasn't sure about the syntax. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a corrupt datafeed < or more likely something I was doing wrong [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] >

Stanley,

The problem is most likely due to inconsistent naming of a manufacturer in the gocollect.com datafeed file. The exclude statements that CrazyGuy suggested to add to the gocollect.ini file should work fine to get around the error. When you run gocollect.pl, it will report "gocollect.dat: NNNN records read" and "filter: NNNN items remaining after filters" so you can determine how many records were excluded.

What date is your gocollect.com datafeed file? The last one I have is dated 9/26/02. Let me know and then I'll look into this further.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cusimano:

What date is your gocollect.com datafeed file? The last one I have is dated 9/26/02. Let me know and then I'll look into this further.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...how do I tell? I don't see a date in the file name anywhere nor does Laura state what the datafeed file that she sent was dated.

The lastest Datafeed was sent out a couple of days ago.

In order to get rid of the problem you need to have longer file names.

I ran it successfully 2 days ago and all is well [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Heidi
    Fit2a-t - Make Money Selling T-Shirts From Your Site!!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heidi:
    In order to get rid of the problem you need to have longer file names.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stanley Holtsclaw:
    I've tried the troubleshooting tip about increasing the 'fnLength' variable (in fact I increased the value several times...I tried 32, 64, 126, and 256) and I got the same error message each time.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the suggestion Heidi but I already tried increasing the length of the file names...all the way up to 256 characters!

Perhaps I have an older/newer datafeed file? I followed CrazyGuy's suggestion and all went well so it may be some sort of glitch in a specific datafeed.

Try changing these options in the .ini file:

fnFormat nS # nS=name/sku(optional); ns=name/sku; sn=sku/name; Sn=sku(optional)/name; s=sku; n=name
    fnSkuPrefix i # Added before sku if sku is used in item filenames
    mfgDirs 1 # 1=separate directory for each manufacturer; 0=don't

One of them will make a difference and allow it to run correctly [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Heidi
    Fit2a-t - Make Money Selling T-Shirts From Your Site!!

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    Anyone have a list of merchants that can provide the feed to use this? That would be great to know. And if you're a merchant, why don't you?

"I want to make you more money with a professional and low cost web design. Let's chat."

errrrrr, AM, the script is made to work with the GoCollect private aff program datafeed. There is no "list" of merchants who provide a feed designed to work with this script.

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

I thought a lot more about this, since I'm sure you're referring to Heyder's post in the CJ forum.

IMHO, I think what he did is a breach of contract on the use of GoCollect.pl. See theLicence Agreement.

David hasn't posted anything as harsh as that, this is only my personal view. The software is licensed for use with GoCollect.com's datafeed. Changing it and using it with other merchant feeds looks to me like a breach of contract.

As one who has benefitted from the usage Cusimano scripts, I find the idea a bit repulsive. David has worked hard to make these scripts easy to use and flexible. The fees and/or 2-tier earnings are relatively small for the amount of support and the time taken to develop the products, IMO.

By taking GoCollect.pl and tweeking it to work with another merchant, David will receive zero benefit from that tweeking. When the person who has put the effort into development does not receive any benefit, then what incentive is there for him to continue developing?

Learning some scripting and database handling will provide one with the tools to handle the datafeeds from any "list of merchants" one wants.

One of the benefits I've received from using Cusimano Scripts is the motivation to learn some of that scripting and database stuff, thar. There is a place for my "cookie cutter" sites made with Cusimano scripts, and there is a place for my custom sites as I advance in my trials and errors with scripting.

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Our gocollect.pl script was designed and intended to be used only with the datafeed from GoCollect.com. Our upcoming cj.pl script is designed and intended to be used with the datafeeds available through cj.com. To be notified when the cj.pl script is available, signup at our website. To signup for cj.com datafeed access, contact cj.com at prod@cj.com

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

ABW Ambassador
    ...something else weird.

My 'home' page that gocollect.pl built has links to several sub-directories that the script did not build. For instance the 'home' page has links to -

San Francisco Music Box Co.
    Sandicast
    Sandra Kuck
    Sandy's Closet
    Sarah's Angels
    Sarah's Attic
    Shelia's Collectibles
    Silhouettes by Department 56
    SnoWonders
    Snowbabies
    Snowbunnies
    St. Flurry's Snowmen
    Steiff Bears
    Steinbach Nutcrackers
    Swarovski Crystal Memories
    Swarovski Modern Crystal Classics
    Swarovski Secondary Market
    Swarovski Selection
    Swarovski Silver Crystal
    Sweetwater Cove

...however the only subdirectory that the script actually created was 'Swarovski Silver Crystal'

Is this an issue with the datafeed file itself or some other issue?
    The only excude statements I used were -
    exclude mfg.name =^= "enesco" #gets rid of duplicate error
    exclude mfg.name =^= "woodworkers" #gets rid of duplicate error

Stanley,

I replied to you by email. For the benefit of other readers:

1. The "extra home page links" problem was caused because the gocollect.pl script did not run to completion for some unknown reason (such as: script cancelled by ISP, cancelled by disconnection, etc.). The last few lines in your log file gocollect.log showed that gocollect.pl abruptly stopped before completion (gocollect.pl got as far as creating files for Roman Inc Gifts -- it never got to the rest). When gocollect.pl runs, it creates the home page first, and then goes through each manufacturer in alphabetical order and by each product in alphabetical order. Rerunning the script to completion fixes the problem.

2. The "duplicate manufacturer code" error is caused because the latest gocollect.com datafeed file contains 16-bit UTF-8 encoded characters in some manufacturer names (e.g.: e with an acute accent). A future gocollect.pl will "flatten" these 16-bit characters to 8-bit characters for use in directory/filenames (such as: e with an acute accent becomes an e). GoCollect.com is also now aware of these 16-bit characters in the datafeed.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread