Hi David,
    I'm ready to purchase Amazon XML. Will you guys install it?

Best Regards...

Live and Let Shwing.

Typically we do not do installations. We do not do any customization such as customizing or creating templates.

Normally we ask people to follow the installation instructions (this usually works) and if they have any questions we will be happy to answer those by email. As a last resort we will upload it for you to your server.

Before buying the amazon.pl XML script I recommend downloading and installing the demo to verify that it works on your server. If you can get that far then you'll be able to install and use the full version. If you cannot get the demo installed and working, let me know before you buy.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

ABW Ambassador
    Shoparama,

It is VERY important to install the Amazon.pl demo EVEN if your host says they support all the necessary Perl Module(s) < actually only 1 Perl Module is required if I remmember correctly >. The site that I use the Amazon.pl script for is hosted on a server that purportedly has all the necessary module(s) for Amazon.pl installed; however in reality NO scripts that I install that require access to ANY Perl Modules will run! Therefore I was forced to install the Amazon.pl script on another server where I host a completely different site < in essense I REMOTE hosted the script >.

This IS NOT...I repeat...IS NOT a problem with David's script. It was and still is a configuration issue with my host. But you can see the importance of installing the Amazon.pl demo and making absolutely sure it's going to work first. Be thankful that David supplies working demos to test with. I have another company that I like to purchase scripts from that doesn't have trial/demos avialable...so you take your chances that a specific script is going to work or not [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI>CollectableCrazy.com<LI>CollectibleCrazy.com<LI> CollectorsAlert.com
    <LI>eTMAC.com
    <LI>ExchangeReview.com<LI> Seek360.com[/list]

Thanks.. I'm renting a server and configuration should not be a problem. I'm going to hold just because I've been adviced to wait and see what the Amazon contest comes out with.
    Should know soon since the contest has come to an end.

Best Regards...

Live and Let Shwing.

FYI, the Amazon.com XML contest was only open to U.S. residents. Since we are based in Canada, we were not allowed to enter our amazon.pl XML script into the contest. I also know that there were other developers who were not allowed to enter because they are not based in the U.S.

Amazon.com did say that they wanted to open the contest to U.S. and non-U.S. developers but Amazon.com was unable to do so because of varying contest laws in different countries.

Just keep this fact in mind as the winner of the contest may not necessarily be the best solution.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread