Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Does everybody, who buys from Zappos, return their shoes? How do they run their business if everyone is returning. That's what I am seeing month after month. Almost every sale is reversed - returned merchandise, invalid credit card etc. etc. I bought personally from them once, returned it for exchange. The sale was reversed and no commission was added back when they shipped the exchanged pair. I had to contact them to get paid. I am guessing that's what is happening. There is a great chance, people might return their shoes for size, color and other issues. Some of these (if not most) returned for exchange. We never get any commission for these exchanges. I need to find out our another shoe merchant who has less charge-back rate. Ah well, no charge-back information available as of great 6.0.

I am furious at Zappos too! The same thing is happenening to me too month after month.

I was going to start this thread today too. Today, I had a big sale reversed because of an "invalid credit card". The sale was made on April 04, and it got reversed today, May 10. So my question is this.... How can it take them 1 MONTH AND 6 DAYS to find out that the credit card is invalid!?!?!?

I think that something is wrong here.

Alex
    AlexBet Design

ABW Ambassador
    Yup reversing on me too.

Since we don't have chargeback info, perhaps we can get Haiko to formally open a Reversals forum where we can all post and share this type of information.

ABW Ambassador
    i got $300 commission reversal !!! and 100% Returned Merchandise !!!!!! i think we must got credited sales if buyer get shoes ecxhange.
    we must contact mr Kotowski ! and ask him to speak here !!

quote:
    Originally posted by zervo™:
    i got $300 commission reversal

$409 here. LOL I wonder if it's same ol' 30%. I'm too lazy to calculate.

Beer without vodka is wasted money

Lol - I guess I am not alone. I came to the board today to see if other were having the same experience with Zappos as I was and apparently you are!

How about shoes.com - are they better?

Suz

ABW Ambassador
    If you guys remember back when chargeback data was available...Zappos had a extremely high chargeback percentage.

Whether their shoes or service are that bad, or they are crooks ...better drop them and move on.

I agree - if I had known then what I know now I would have never promoted them to begin with.

ABW Ambassador
    skip to next message

ABW Ambassador
    They have a 26.5% chargeback percentage. I downloaded all the merchant info before the "upgrade"

Hey, since CJ doesn't want to give this info out anymore, maybe we can open a forum or something and list all the merchants with the last known chargeback rate, and if CJ or the merchants don't like it, they should bring it back.

KCEdit and all other members;

I do very well with Shoemall.com over at Performics. Their commission rate is 15.5%, a half percent higher than Zappos.

And, I have had only 1 cancellation since joining with them in February.

I don't hightlight Zappos much anymore for the fact of the reversals I had with them in the past.

If your signed up with Performics, I would go with Shoe Mall.

Michael

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Mike. I'll check out shoesmall.

Trust,
    Even that old 26% did not include invalid CC transactions in the calculation. If you include those, it will be well above that.

I do not do very well with shoes.com. But whatever I sell do not get reversed like Zappos. Brook is very helpful as an AM. The only problem is their relationship with ebates. I cannot compete because ebates gives 10% cash back.

OOOOPS!!!!!
    Checking my stats for Zappos....
    Show "New" in April only.....$874.41
    Show "Accepted".....$560.16
    Is that like 2/3 reversed or what? like 60%????
    Heeheeeeee

15 years and counting
    It's insane. I've several pages all in red. I'll need a miracle to keep a positive balance today.
    And now, (thank you CJ) I can't even check my own EPC against theirs.
    To read "accepted" everywhere for all the reversed transactions is so dumb.
    Like KtoEto said "I'm too lazy to calculate" or I have better thing to do. I've not been updating any of my Zappos links this year, just waiting for the whole thing to die.

One more thing, I like it when CJ showcase at the same time Zappos and Ebates on their frontpage. I'm so glad they kept at least that after CJ6 disaster. Such a nice couple representing the best CJ have to offer. Hope they don't breed.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

ABW Ambassador
    reversed = accepted

what a lousy equation. hahaha!
    the person who got that idea should be ousted from CJ or we'll soon be expecting more confusion here.

ABW Ambassador
    You probably have a good point in regard to the statment that many people repurchase the correct size, color, etc but we, the affiliate, are not receiving credit for the replacement sales.... That part is frustrating.

I almost wish they would go to the same policy as shoes.com...no chargebacks to the affiliate UNLESS it is for fraudulent purchases....makes sense. Now they have a 5% lower commission rate too.

Zappos are thieves I've no doubt about it. Other shoe merchants may not offer 15% but at least they are honest about what they do pay out.

"If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet you could shoot beer out of you nose." Jack Handy

Someone correct me if I were wrong, but I remember when charge-back rates were first made available to us publishers, Zappos was hovering at 50% or so, and they even challenged CJ's system for that figure or something like that. They only recanted after a while, and it took another few months for their reversal rate to drop and stabilize at around 30%.

Now Zappos' reversal rate has shot up to 40% for our April's sales, having been averaging 30% for the past few months, so what's stopping them from returning to their old evil ways this time?

VAN.

Trust No 1-

Did you download EVERY CJ merchant's chargeback data before the new "interface"? If so, I bet you would get a LOT of traffic if you put it on a website for people to now browse... I didn't do it and wish I had (even just my own merchants...)

I'm sure you'd have a lot of visitors to that page so just a thought....

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by happypoon:
    Yup reversing on me too.

Since we don't have chargeback info, perhaps we can get Haiko to formally open a Reversals forum where we can all post and share this type of information.
    We would have to have a sub-topic forum within CJ. It seems they are the only network that has this kind of problem, or at least to this MAGNITUDE!

Big Chuck
    If you can't run with the big dogs, then stay on the porch!

By the way, when it's reversed with the reason "Other", what does that mean? Only that I'm not getting it?

"Other" is similar the "Other" man or woman that runs off with your spouse. The difference is that this "Other" runs off with your commision!

ABW Ambassador
    Amazing how the Zappos reversals went sky high just after CJ stopped reporting that stat.

Rip-off!!!

I get a bunch of reversals from Zappos too, but it's not anything to be alarmed about. One problem with buying something like this online is that it may not fit right even if you get the right size. Nobody buys shoes in a store without trying them on first. And if you watch shoe buyers in a store, you will see most of them trying on two of the same thing to find the right fit.

I bet we hear so many complaints about Zappo's reversals because nobody had any sales with the other shoe places to begin with.

I'm sorry to hear so many are experiencing heavy reversals with Zappos but I'm still running at 15% reversal rate from them.

I usually figure it's going to be around 20% a month, this month the reversal rate is down.

Shoes are a hard call, I'm a shoe and boot freak with around 70 pairs (just had a clean out while we're moving) and I think I've probably returned or exchanged 90% of them.

As to what happens to our commiss when they are exchanged, I'm not sure, perhaps someone from cj can answer that.

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast