Hi David!

I'm so proud, I just updated Allposters myself.

One little problem... I'm trying to modify the look and feel and I'm a little confused because the initial set up was done by a programmer.

I did a test modification by changing the table data cell color of the right nav in the main index file.

Is it possible to change just one file to update the entire posters pages because it's going to be impossible for me to change hundreds of HTML files. I know this sounds lame but I'm not a programmer.

I would love suggestions on how to tackle this.

Best Regards...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Is it possible to change just one file to update the entire posters pages because it's going to be impossible for me to change hundreds of HTML files. I know this sounds lame but I'm not a programmer.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Modify the template file tdefault.html and then run allposters.pl again.

If you want a different template for a particular category and its subcategories (e.g. you want the Movies posters section to be different than the Animals posters section), you can create a separate template for it. For example, if you want a different template for the Movies category (including all its subcategories such as Actors, etc.), then create a t101.html template file (101 is the category number for the Movies category).

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

Oh no,David! Same templates for all!

Explain "run allposters.pl again"

Thanks!!!

Live and Let Shwing.

...Also,I see idefault.html in the beige folder but not a tdefault.html

All templates in my folder have the letter "i" in front of them, not "t"

Best Regards...

If it was your programmer who initially ran allposters.pl for you, you might want to have that person run allposters.pl for you again. Otherwise, see the readme.txt file for the allposters.pl script for complete details. Basically, to run allposters.pl, you cd (change directory) to the directory where allposters.pl is located then type the command:
    perl allposters.pl

Make sure that you're looking in the allposters-template/beige directory for the t*.html template files. The name of the template directory is set in allposters.ini via the templatedir configuration variable -- check it to verify that you're looking at the correct directory (you're programmer might have changed it).

FYI, the allposters.zip distribution file contains (among other things):

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>allposters-template/beige/t0.html
    <LI>allposters-template/beige/tdefault.html[/list]These t*.html files are the templates for the posters home page and for all other poster pages respectively. (the 0 in t0 standards for the top-level "root" -- category 0).

The allposters.zip file also contains:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>allposters-include/i*.html (*=category number)
    <LI>allposters-include/idefault.html[/list]These i*.html files are include files that are included when you use < !--include--> in your templates. So i101.html would be included on all movies poster pages (and subcategory pages such as Actors). The supplied i*.html files are each slightly differnt and are designed to show different amazon.pl results (if amazonpl configuration variable is set and amazon.pl is installed). For example, i101.html (for Movies and its subcategories), shows: videos, DVD's, music, books, toys, and videogames. Compared to i621.html (for Travel and its subcategories) which shows: books, videos, and DVD's. And then there's idefault.html which shows blended search (this is included for any category that does not have a specific i*.html file or hasn't inherited one from it's ancestor categories).

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread