15 years and counting
    I need someone to explain me this CJ6 new feature: "Pending Offers" I'm confused.
    The first time I saw it (1st day CJ6 was on) one of the merchants was offering me a worse deal than the one I had before. I didn't accept and eventualy I "expired" this merchant.
    Now, because I feel sorry for Gardens Alive! Affiliate Manager I wanted to reapply to her program. I was told to look in the "Pending Offers" section. And here I am with a full list of crapola merchants, all the GSI family, Catalog city... with the same old offers, nothing new.
    What's the use of Pending Offers? For me it's just a waste of time. Am I missing something?

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

I can't speak for those merchants you name but take a closer look at the old terms and the new ones. I've seen some that look identical at first view, but then you see that, for example, they're offering commissions on unlimited purchases instead of the first-purchase only. So the 5 may look the same, but the conditions may be different.

Or, they might just want to make sure that the terms are what they want them to be. The action referral occurrences are somewhat confusing to some merchants, and they may just be pushing the same terms just to be sure.

I think after the confusion is cleared up, you'll see the real function of the "pending offers" area start to be revealed.

-patrice

patrice.colancecco.milligan
    affiliate.marketer
    eastwoodcompany.com
    e: patrice@eastwoodco.com
    v: 610.323.2200x2206
    f: 610.323.6268
    ::visit our private forum on abw::

15 years and counting
    Yes, you're right and we have to be really careful. It looks the same but I've seen differences. Most are good. I have a lot of merchants offering me more money, with Unlimited Occurence and same "Action Referral Period" or longer. I'll be a fool do don't accept their offers. I'm seing also TheSportsAuthority trying to have me signed for the same offer without the Performance Incentive. ? Same for all GSI members

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

[This message was edited by Zeus on May 13, 2003 at 10:35 AM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Zeus,

GSI sent several CJ email messages saying they will be calculating incentives manually. The incentive rates remain same, but that will not show up in CJ details. Check your CJ emails.

15 years and counting
    I remember, now. Thanks KCEdit. But it should be in the "Advertiser Detail" and it's not. So, it's still confusing.

So what happens if we don't accept the "Pending Offers" by doing nothing? Does that mean our existing "relationship" with the merchant in question is no more and any subsequent sales will no longer track?

Thanks,

VAN.

ABW Ambassador
    After the activation date, you will switched to the new offer. If it is good offer, I'd obviously accept the offer right away. For supid ones, I wait until they are automatically accepted.

OIC, thanks KCEdit.

VAN.

I thought I would offer a little information here on the advertiser side of things. When CJ moved the new version, most of you already know there were several things they changed about the program terms. As an advertiser of several programs, I had to go in and change a bunch of things about the terms (cookie duration, commission tiers, etc.). When you want to change commission setting or cooking duration, you have to create a brand new Program Term. Once you have done this, you have to offer all of your affiliates the new program terms. If you make it your default, your publishers have 7 days to accept or decline.

This is good because you are able to see if an advertiser is changing their terms. It was just a real headache for this first month when most of us had to go change our terms.

This is probably a long answer to your question - sorry

Heather Matthews

15 years and counting
    Hi Heather, I appreciate your feedback and your point of view as an advertiser. I'm not against changes. If it's making the life of a merchant easier, it will be good for us one day or an other.
    As a long time affiliate, I've problems with their last update and I don't understand everything, so I imagine new affiliates must be lost on what's going on.
    This update was about "Enhanced Online Marketing Interface" and "Relationship Management" ??? I was expecting CJ to do their job and explain us before the update what they were planning and, may be, ask for our opinion. At least, I was expecting them to use this board to explain the reasons of their "upgrade" and how to benefit from it. They failed.

Dear Zeus,

I completely agree with you. As an advertiser I have had to go through and teach myself about all the new features. It was quite frustrating - and at the same time, all of my affiliates were asking me questions and I had no idea what the answer was - and there wasn't the support I thought. Once it launched they said we would have been relationships with affiliate and better ways to communicate. I have yet to find out how to do this. I am getting used to the new version now, but it sure caused some chaos! As I am sure both advertiser and publishers experienced!

Heathe

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread