Hi, I'm testing out the free version of Amazon.pl XLM.
    What is the proper file and directory tree structure?

I have amazon.pl in my cgi-bin folder. Where does the amazon.ini file go? In the cgi-bin or in the directory where the .html files are?

Where should the -template, -cache, -format, -imgcache directories be?

If I'm going to use the store templates, does the script know to uses them or do I have to make a change in the .ini file to indicate that it should use those templates? I think I read that, but it wasn't clear (to me).

If I get answers to these questions, I think that I can make some pregress, but I know that I'll have more.

I'm not a new webmaster, but I've not installed many scripts before, so the questions my sound dumb.

Thanks for your help

Ken

Ken,

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>amazon.pl related files and sub-directories go in the same directory where amazon.pl is located, that is, in your cgi-bin directory.

See the tree structure diagram at:
    http://www.cusimano.com/scripts/amazon/docs6.html

<LI>To use the store templates, edit amazon.ini and set:
    template.dir "amazon-template/store"

The store templates depend upon graphic files to create the tabs. These graphic files are supplied in the directory "amazon-template/store/amazon-img". Create a directory called "amazon-img" in the root directory of your website and copy these graphic files to it. If you want to use a different directory, then you must change the store.img.url configuration variable to indicate the URL where the user's web browser can find the images. The default value of store.img.url is:
    "/amazon-img"

See the other store.* configuration variables in amazon.ini for settings related to the store templates.[/list]Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes, I do see the tree structure there.

Funny, I always print the instructions before I download and install a script of any kind. Then I use the printed instructions to follow. When I looked back to see how I could have missed that tree structure part of the instructions, I got confused. They weren't on my printed copy. I guess that the tree diagram on your site didn't print on my instructions, probable because it's a graphic. Oh well, lesson learned!!

Thanks again for your help. Now let me get back to this thing and see if I can get it set up properly.

Ken,

I added that tree structure diagram to the installation instructions after you had posted your question here. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread