I sell alot of music cd's. On the amazon page it shows this: (using Mariah Carey example)

Customers who bought this title also bought:

Charmbracelet ~ Mariah Carey
    Glitter [SOUNDTRACK] ~ Mariah Carey
    All The Way...A Decade of Song ~ Celine Dion
    # 1's ~ Mariah Carey
    Boyz II Men - Legacy: Greatest Hits Collection ~ Boyz II Men
    Merry Christmas ~ Mariah Carey
    Emotions ~ Mariah Carey
    Music Box ~ Mariah Carey
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Listen to Samples
    To hear a song sample, click on the "Listen ." Visit our audio help page for more information.

Disc: 1

1. Vision Of Love Listen Listen
    2. Love Takes Time Listen Listen
    3. Someday Listen Listen
    4. I Don't Wanna Cry Listen Listen
    5. Emotions Listen Listen
    6. Can't Let Go
    7. Make It Happen
    8. I'll Be There (featuring Trey Lorenz)
    9. Dreamlover
    10. Hero
    11. Without You
    12. Anytime You Need A Friend
    13. Endless Love (duet with Luther Vandross)
    14. Fantasy

Is there any way to pull this information onto my site using the amazon.pl script? Something like the if statement?

This would enable the visitor to make the decision and purchase directly from my site, instead of looking around the amazon site, resulting in a "direct sale".

Amazon is the one who has 365 ways to reduce the commission. It only takes one click anywhere on my site to go to the amazon page to cut the commission %

Thanks for the script, it is wonderful.

The "Tracks" and "Similar Products" information can be displayed by using the format files that were released today. E.g.:
    http://www.bime.com/cgi-bin/amazon.p...rch=B00006LHYC

Go to http://www.c3scripts.com/amazon/release and download the latest
    amazon-format-XXXXXX.zip file. Unzip that file, then upload the amazon-format directory to your server (replace your current amazon-format directory contents with this new contents).

Then edit your amazon.ini file and set:

asinsearch.format details6

Setting the asinsearch.format configuration variable to details6 causes
    amazon-format/details6.html to be used to show product details pages via amazon.pl. The other details*.html files (except details3 and details4) also show "Tracks" and "Similar Products". Try different formats until you find the one you like (e.g.: asinsearch.format details2).

If you created your own details*.html file and want to see what formatting codes you need to use to display the tracks information, open amazon-format/details6.html (the latest version only) and search for details.tracks

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

Cool upgrade!

... and Laura Pausini is way cool also ... I love the song "Se Fue"

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Thank you very much.

I have the new formats in place. What if a CD set has two disc's. How can I display the other disc tracks?

I don't think I would want to just add more tracks to the list. Ex: details.tracks.track-17 thru 20. If I added the extra track numbers, would it just show empty tracks on the results?

Not all cd's have 2 discs. Is there an "if" statement I could use that would include tracks on both discs.

Thanks

One more question. What is this file updating?
    amazon-021228c.zip

If the CD has more than one disc, Amazon Web Services (AWS) does not indicate that. AWS merely "runs" all the track information for all the discs together into one long list (with no divider between discs). Therefore, all that amazon.pl can do is return one long list.

To show more than 16 tracks, you'll have to add details.tracks.track-17 (and higher) to the details*.html file you're using. The {if details.tracks.track-17} (and higher) checks to see if the track information is present. If it is not, then everything up to the next {endif} is not shown.

I will look into adding a feature so that the entire track list can be included by using one formatting code, such as: {details.tracks.nlist} for numbered list and {details.tracks.blist} for bulleted list. Other lists, such as features list, would most likely work the same way.

The file amazon-021228c.zip contains amazon.pl v2.12.28 with the latest formatting codes (v3.03.14). If you are already using amazon.pl v2.12.28, rather than downloading the entire package all you have to do is download amazon-format-030314.zip and update the amazon-format directory. New users (or users upgrading from older amazon.pl's) would download amazon-021228c.zip

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

How would I know which version I have? Or do I remember seeing it in the ini file?

Thanks

Open the amazon.pl file in Notepad or Wordpad or some other text editor. The version number is in the first few header lines.

Or view any of your amazon.pl results pages (by accessing something like /cgi-bin/amazon.pl ) and select "View &gt; Source" in your web browser. There's an HTML comment near the end of the results that says something like:

&lt;!-- amazon v2.12.28 --&gt;

The amazon.ini file does not necessarily have the same version number as the amazon.pl file.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread