David,
    What is the best method of generating results and having them placed into my store pages? Script tags? Other than ainsearch, keyword search, browse etc I know of no other way to display say a "broad" selection of, say movies, on my pages. Is there another way to put "bestsellers" on my pages using the templates without using the java script tags?

Dennis

Besides using <script> tags to show results on any webpage, you can use SSI (Server Side Include) statements. See this reply regarding SSI and <script> tags.

To show a broad range of results, use a browse search with either the top-level store name (e.g.: type=browse&mode=dvd -- for DVD's) or with a browse node # for a major category that you're interested in promoting (e.g.: type=browse&mode=163357 -- for comedies). To find a browse node #, just start surfing at the top-level store name until you find the one you're interested in then copy that URL.

To show a narrower range of results, use a browse node # that shows a list of products (e.g.: type=browse&mode=301672 -- for Pink Panther comedies), or use a keyword search (e.g.: type=search&mode=dvd&keyword=Pink+Panther). And if you want to show a list of hand-picked products, you can do an ASIN search based on a list (e.g.: asinsearch=mylist). For other search types (e.g.: author search), see http://www.bime.com/cgi-bin/amazon.pl?template=stores

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread