David,
    I have details6 in my ini file as the default for ainsearches. Works fine in my stores, however in many pages I have keyword search and the it pulls in results as it is suppose to. However, unlike the main stores, the results of these keyword searchs defaults to Amazon.com detail page for purchase and is not using asinsearch in the URL to send the formatting to "details6" Have any ideas here?

Also, I notice that the actorsearch does not work in java script (or at least when I tried it. Does it only work as an individual URL link? Not that it matters much because I noticed it still looks up all instances of James AND Stewart (keyword=James+Stewart) and not the phrase. This I assume is a limitation os Amazon.com and not the script.

Dennis

Please provide URL's.

Setting asinsearch.format should cause all search results to link back to amazon.pl to show product details.

All searches should work in <script> tags. Try the search as a URL (with out the "script" parameter) and see if any products are returned.

Amazon.com Web Services (AWS) does not match the specified keywords as phrases. AWS merely matches all the keywords anywhere in the specified search field. Thus "James+Stewart" would match a product that had "James Smith, Stewart Brown".

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

David,
    Well, all I can tell you is to look at two examples of amazon.pl on my site.

First look at this script link: http://www.diversautograph.com/Galle...s/Stewart.html Notice how clicking on a store item opens up Amazon's page instead of the default "details6" page as specified in the ini file?

Now look at this link: http://www.diversautograph.com/store/Movies.html Both this script and the one in the above examples specify a specific format at the end of the script (format=XXXXXXXX) yet the latter opens up the default page as it is listed in the ini file, while the former opens up the amazon page and bypasses the default ini page.

I see no difference in the two examples except that one is a keyword search and the other is not. Am I overlooking something just really obvious?
    Dennis

In your format files, you currently link to: {details.url}

Instead, link to: {format.url?y}

Note: Those are curly braces { and } ---- shift-[ and shift-]

{details.url} is the "raw" URL that amazon.com supplies to link to the product at amazon.com

{format.url?y} will be either the "raw" URL (to link to amazon.com) or the recursive amazon.pl URL (to show details locally via amazon.pl) if the asinsearch.format configuration variable is set. Use this formatting code if you want the recursive amazon.pl URL. FYI, the format.url formatting code is defined in the library.fmt file; search for: <!--format.url

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

[This message was edited by cusimano on April 09, 2003 at 06:36 PM.]

At the time (when I altered one of your details files) for my mini stores amazon.pl only showed details on amazon's site and not on mine. I did not think the problem lay in the format template used, but I suppose it will be an easy fix to replace the tag with the other. Thanks

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread