David,
    I have finished integrating my allposters store into my website, but I have a question. I added the "Angels" category to my stores, and I can not find the link to the angel folder index file. All of the other categories has a link to its respective index.html file, but not angels. The script created the pages, put them into the folder, and created the index.html but no link on the front page to angels. Do you happen to know why? As a quick fix, I am just going to manually place the link on the store front page just right under Religion, but will not for several hours.

Also, I selected the clearance category and this was not created at all from what I tell. Other than these two things, my script works great. Actually, there was no way to create a store this massive without automation. I do not know why these .com's create affiliate sales programs and then only allow for manually creating 5 or 10 links only and depend on third parties to come up with an innovative way to make their program work. Thanks for making it so easy.

Dennis

David,
    Perhaps I can be clearer now that I have examined the problem. Perhaps no link to "Angels" on the store home page is a problem or not (depending on how you look at it), however, I have found the real problem.

The angel link is under religion > religious figures > angels. Page one of the angels directory is actually titled "index.html" and if you back track on the nav bar, the previous link would be religious figures. The home page is correct, and this link on angels is all well and good. Go to page 2, 3, 4 of the angels however, and now the nav bar "religious figures" point to a page that does not exist in the angels sub directory. This page while not in the angels sub folder does exist in the religion sub folder. If a customer was on an angel page other than the index.html and wanted to use the nav bar to go backwards they would get a 404 error since that page in non-existant in the angels folder.

You may want to check on at the bottom of pages two, three, and four also where the navigaion may be off. Concerning the function "Back 1,2,3,4 Next" is wrong too. On pages 2,3,and 4 the link for page one refers to a page that does not exist.

These are problems, while easy for me to edit the pages to over come, you may want to look at this as it could be in your script or not.

Hope I could help you make this a better product.

Dennis

My stores are located at http://www.diversautograph.com/Main%...ges/Store.html

Thanks for the compliment.

Regarding the Angels category, there is a bug in the way navbar links are calculated when a category to be created is a subcategory of a main category. The Angels category is a subcategory of Religion (in Religion > Religious Figures). Until this bug is fixed, the workaround is to remove the "catdir 7092:angels" statement in allposters.ini so that this category is created as a webpage in the Religion folder /religion/ rather than in its own folder /angels/

It appears that AllPosters.com no longer has a "Sales/Clearance" category. So until a revised allposters.ini is released, ignore that category in allposters.ini

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cusimano:
    It appears that AllPosters.com no longer has a "Sales/Clearance" category. So until a revised allposters.ini is released, ignore that category in allposters.ini<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When is a new version of the AllPosters script due to be released? I wrote to you a few weeks ago about a category I'd like to promote that's had a 10-fold increase of number of posters at AllPosters, but I only get a few listed with the present script.

Michael

Michael,

allposters.pl v3.04.27 was released yesterday. An announcement email was sent to allposters.pl users.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

David, somehow I got missed from the distribution of this ;-)

Thanks,
    Tj

Tj,

For instructions on downloading the latest version, fill in the allposters.pl demo request form at http://www.c3scripts.com/allposters/demo

Use your current allposters.key key file (you don't need a new key file); the key file will convert the demo into the full version. When you fill in the form, mention in the comment field that it is you Tj and I will update your email address in my records.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

Ok, I did that, but as I suspected, I don't have a key

Thanks,
    Tj

Use http://www.c3scripts.com/allposters/key to request the key.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

Done, thank you

David,
    I did not get an email for the new allposters.pl either. Will I have to re-do the ini file, or can I just use the old one?

Dennis

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cusimano:
    Michael,

allposters.pl v3.04.27 was released yesterday. An announcement email was sent to allposters.pl users.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: _David Cusimano_<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The allposters.pl v3.04.27 release contains a new allposters.ini file. I just resent the announcement email to you. Revisions history is at http://www.c3scripts.com/allposters/revisions

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

Perhaps I am missing something. I just created my new store files and finished uploading them using the new allposters script. I click on religion and I get Amazon.pl related links the are no more related to religion than a man in the moon. When I go to Angels I get supposedly related items as "Sex in the city" DVD's. What the heck is Amazon or someone attempting to pull. I realize its suppose to be key word related, but Sex in the City and dieting books have absolutely nothing to do with religion and angels.

Dennis

Addendum: Patriotic posters presents me with a really nice Amazon link wo Harry Potter, nice but completly outside the realm of believable.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by D. Jones:
    Perhaps I am missing something. I just created my new store files and finished uploading them using the new allposters script. I click on religion and I get Amazon.pl related links the are no more related to religion than a man in the moon. When I go to Angels I get supposedly related items as "Sex in the city" DVD's. What the heck is Amazon or someone attempting to pull. I realize its suppose to be key word related, but Sex in the City and dieting books have absolutely nothing to do with religion and angels.

Dennis<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dennis,

Regarding the unrelated amazon.com products, check the &lt;script&gt; tags in your allposters.pl template files. I looked at your Religion posters page and the first &lt;script&gt; tag has
    /cgi-bin/amazon.pl?grid=x&type=search&mode=vhs&keyword=religion&keyword=&script
    as the SRC. Note that keyword= appears twice and that the second one is empty thus amazon.pl is not passed any keywords (the latter takes precedence over the former). If there are no keywords, then amazon.pl shows the bestsellers for the specified mode. This is what is generating the unrelated results. Now to find the cause...

1. In allposters.ini, what is the amazonpl configuration variable set to? Set it to be the relative URL (i.e.: no domain name) of amazon.pl on your server. In your case, set it to
    /cgi-bin/amazon.pl

2. Did you create your own &lt;script&gt; tags in the template or are you letting allposters.pl do it via its &lt;!--include--&gt; directive? The &lt;!--include--&gt; directive pulls in category # related files allposters-include/i*.html which contain &lt;!--amazon:*--&gt; directives which expand into the amazon.pl &lt;script&gt; tags. FYI, if all you want to show is DVD's, then you can replace the &lt;!--include--&gt; directive with &lt;!--amazon:dvd--&gt; Other amazon.pl mode= values can be used too, such as vhs, books, music, toys, etc. If you want to show results from several modes (e.g.: vhs, dvd, and books), use several &lt;!--amazon:*--&gt; directives one after the other.

If that doesn't help, email your template and allposters.ini files to me.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

[This message was edited by cusimano on May 03, 2003 at 11:39 AM.]

David,
    My template files while are custom, is nothing more than an edited version that came with allposters.pl. I of course added a header, footer and perhaps moved something around, but the directive is the basic (!--includes-->)and are exactly as was in the canned template. I am including my domain name as the entire path not a relative path. Do you really think that could be the reason? Looks like 6 of one and half dozen of the other to me.

I did not have this problem before I used this new allposters.pl script, however, I had to recreate my ini file as a new one came with the new script. Only thing different in my template files between the old script and the new script is that I added the footer to my template pages but that should have nothing to do with the amazon script keyword results.

Since I do not really believe the path to my amazon.pl is causing the problem I am going to email you my template and ini file for you to take a look at.

Dennis

Following up on your email, glad to hear that the probelm was fixed after you edited allposters.ini and set the amazonpl configuration variable to /cgi-bin/amazon.pl

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread