ABW Ambassador
    Thanks David for the zipped photorazzi cache file...it really helped speed up the build process!

BTW - as way of compliment David I just thought I would let you know that no matter what other tools I find to use to process product datafeeds that there will always be a place for your scripts at my sites...they are easy to use, efficient, and profitable!

-------
    Stanley

Thanks for the compliment.

Might as well have users download the zipped photorazzi cache (about 15MB) from my server rather than fetch raw data directly from Photorazzi.com (about 140MB). More efficient that way.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

LOL - I find the new Photorazzi site quite amusing.

As I've said before - I can't make any money selling photos but this script has always created good spider food pages with other related celebrity merchandise links.

Looks like photorazzi feel the same, since they now have a whole bunch of affiliate links on each photo page. With most merchants, I'd drop them for this, but in this case it seems kinda fair since I don't try to send people to them anyway

Are you Crazy?

I sent photorazzi my termination notice due to their new affiliate links on each page. I was sending them between and 8000-12,000 visitors a month. They are now competitors to us, not merchants and they have always been horrible converters. They also don't pay according to their payment schedule listed in their affiliate agreement. But hey if you like to send your traffic to them -- its your site

Heidi
    Fit2a-t - Make Money Selling T-Shirts From Your Site!!

ABW Ambassador
    If I can get a REAL feed from one of their competitors I might consider switching over. For me it's never been how many of THIER (Photo Razzi) products I sold but how many Amazon products I could move from links on every one of the pages based around their feed/products...because you are very right...they (PhotoRazzi) convert very poorly.

-------
    Stanley

We should have our affiliate program ready by the end of summer and will offer photorazzi's products as well as our own photos, of which we have around 40,000 different prints. We specialze primarily with movie stars, but do also contain some additional musicians photos. Hopefully we'll be able to have David build a similar script for us when time permits. A few of you answered one of my thoughts about the affiate program. We do belong to Amazon, allposters, etc, but will remove all our links to them when our affilate program begins. I don't think it is fair to our affiliate partners.

It will be interesting to see a photorazzi alternative. I think it's inevitabel that celeb sites have poor conversion rates, but they do pull big traffic and certainly have a place in my portfolio.

Spencer - it would be good to see a program in this area that does all the great things: No parasites, clean landing pages, lifetime commissions, datafeeds, etc. Look forward to hearing more.

Are you Crazy?

FYI, Photorazzi.com has removed those third-party affiliate links (such as amazon.com links with their amazon.com affiliate ID) from the Photorazzi.com website. Photorazzi.com had those links on their website for about one week and then decided to remove them.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

ah yes but they still haven't made payments due for over 4 months now. I'm glad to hear that they removed all the affiliate links but I expect payment when its due also. So far no sign of them catching up on that aspect which is an issue I brought up with them when I wrote to them about their affiliate links.

Heidi
    Fit2a-t - Make Money Selling T-Shirts From Your Site!!

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread