amazon.pl XML v2.12.28 includes new features, and non-critical fixes and improvements. The most important revisions are:

* NEW FEATURE: A product's detail page can now be shown locally using amazon.pl XML. Example: Go to http://www.bime.com/cgi-bin/amazon.pl and click on any product. See the Revisions History for instructions on enabling this feature.

* NEW FEATURE: Amazon.com's Quick-Click™ buttons are now supported. Example: See example.

* NEW FEATURE: More search types are possible. See the "Advanced Searches" section on the Sample HTML page for the HTML you would use.

* NEW FEATURE: Sample Results Templates files are now included showing a basic template as well as a set of templates to build a complete store. Examples: basic, store.

* NEW FEATURE: Apparel has been added to blended search.

* NEW FEATURE: Wireless phones have been added to blended search.

* IMPROVEMENT: {title} and {navbar} variables in Results Templates now return meaningful text rather than "Products".

* more... see Revisions History for complete list and complete details.

An announcement email with further instructions has been sent out to registered users.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] WOW!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Excellent work, David! I've already updated all my sites and have enabled the new feature of displaying details locally. Next step is to start learning all the other new features.

Bryan

David is nice...

So if I just downloaded the demo and was looking at it, should I grab it again, or is the demo version always stay the same version?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by qball©:
    So if I just downloaded the demo and was looking at it, should I grab it again, or is the demo version always stay the same version?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

amazon.pl XML v2.12.28 was released online at 02/12/29 00:58 EST. To see what version you have, view your amazon.pl file in Notepad (or some other text editor) and look at the version number in the "Notice" section near the top of the file. The latest version can be downloaded from http://www.cusimano.com/scripts/amazon/docs6.html

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

Duh huh, you'd think Id've remembered that, seeing as it was right at the TOP! hehe

Hi all

I have install the script and it runs. But I get the results in english.

I need them in german. How can I fix my problem?

Sorry about my english. I`m a german.

ulrichroth

Ulrich,

I sent an email reply to you already. For anyone else who is interested in the international amazon websites such as www.amazon.de, our amazon.pl XML script only returns results for the U.S. based www.amazon.com website since Amazon.com's XML Web Services (AWS) only searches the U.S. based www.amazon.com website.

Amazon.com Inc. has indicated that they have plans on making their AWS service available for the international amazon websites (including www.amazon.de) in the first half of 2003 as indicated in the following posting by Amazon.com Inc.:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>"Yes, we do have plans to extend Amazon Web Services to all of our international sites in the first half of 2003. Top priorities will be the UK, Japan, and Germany, with the other countries to follow soon thereafter. We won't be able to provide specific timelines in this point, but this project is a top 2003 initiative. We're glad you're interested! Sarah at Amazon.com".<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>When our amazon.pl XML script supports searches of www.amazon.de, it will be a free upgrade.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

Hi David ,

I`m still waiting for the www.amazon.de upgrade . How long you`ll still need for it ?

Ulrich

Amazon.com Inc. has not yet made amazon.de availabe through its Amazon Web Services (AWS). Therefore amazon.de is not yet available through our amazon.pl XML script. Amazon Inc. has indicated that it will eventually make amazon.de available through AWS. When that happens, we plan on adding amazon.de support to our amazon.pl XML script. Also see my latest email to you.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread