I hope someone can help.

I am trying to move forward with the amazon.pl script and have gone quite a way so far... but now I am stuck on something I want to do.

I a home page that has various html links to call up a customised results template - THe HTML is something like this "http://www.domain.org/cgi-bin/amazon.pl?template=test&type=bestsellers&mode=vhs" . And I get the best selling videos sitting nicely on the results template.

So I now want to give the visitor a littel bit of interactivity with the list. So I want to be able to sort the results by price and customer reviews. So I thought that all I would need to do would be to have a HTML lnk to the same templat, something like this. "http://www.domain.org/cgi-bin/amazon.pl?sort=+reviewrank&template=test&type=bestsellers&mode={mode}"

As the {mode} value would have been passed from the first search I assumed that it would stay the same value (ie. vhs), however, the {mode} value seems to get converted to "Top Selling VHS" which of course is not recognised in a second search using the {mode} variable.

Basically I am looking for a easy way to pass a search html search into a standard template, then take the variables from the original search (mode, keyword, type etc) and use them again to sort the rsults (maybe into the same template, maybe not)

Sorry for the long winded question. I hope someone can help.

bye for now.

RichDan

The {mode} substitution variable returns a human-understandable version of the mode= parameter. For example, if mode=photo then {mode} returns "Camera & Photography".

Use the {form0.mode} substitution variable (note: that's a zero character in the variable name) to get the value that was passed in the mode= parameter. For example, if mode=photo then {form0.mode} returns "photo". In general, the {form0.PARAMETER} variable returns the value from the parameter named PARAMETER.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

Thanks David. It works like a dream...

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread