Just wondering if anyone else is having problems. I have not been getting complete feeds from amazon for several days now... the pictures are missing.

Also, the last Abestweb Email Digest I got for this group was June 19.

I promise, there have been zero changes on my end.

Any help is appreciated.

Product images are fetched by your web browser directly from the amazon.com website. amazon.pl is not involved with displaying product images. The problem would be between your web browser and the amazon.com webservers. If you're using Internet Explorer and it cannot successfully fetch an image, it shows a red X in place of the graphic.

Note: If amazon.pl output is showing "[no image]" for a product, then amazon.com has no image for that product (some products have no image). "[no image]" is different than "can't fetch image" (red X).

Yours truly,

Cusimano.Com Corporation

per: David Cusimano

Took me a while, but I finally figured this out. Thought others might find the solution of use. I was getting no pictures in any of my pages and it was happening in IE, Netscape, and Opera. But it worked fine just a week ago.

What it was was that I installed the latest ZoneAlarm Pro personal firewall which has several content filtering capabilities... cookie blocking, pop-up blocking, etc. When I disabled all such ZoneAlarm controls for my site, it started working again. I have not yet figured out exactly which of the settings it was... (third party cookies, mobile code, etc) but one of those settings let all of the feed except pictures download to my browser.

If anyone hears from a customer who is having the same sort of problem... I suggest you ask them if they have ZoneAlarm.

Just FYI...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I installed the latest ZoneAlarm Pro personal firewall <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that would fall under ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I promise, there have been zero changes on my end<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

jk - we've all been there

--------------
    Are you Crazy?

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread