I do not know if Amazon makes this available or not, but I certainly would like to add a "listen" button to the asinsearch details page if the returned results were specific to music.

I would like to keep the customer on my page until the last minute. If Amazon does not allow this in the AWS service, then perhaps could add a graphical link to Amazon's "listen" page that could be opened up in a new window or something. What do you think?

When is the new version of officially coming out? I have heard nothing about it yet.

Toronto, Canada
    AWS only provides the track names; it does not indicate if an audio sample is available for a track. Also, I'm not sure if the samples can be played remotely, that is, you might have to listen to them at the website (not sure about this).

If you want to add a "Listen to samples" link to your format template, you could use the following:

<!--if details.tracks.track-1-->
    <A HREF="{amazonid}&path=tg/detail/-/{details.asin}%3Fvi%3Dsamples" TARGET="_blank" >Listen to samples</A>

The "if" statement causes the link to be included only if there are tracks, that is, if the product is a music product. Replace the text "Listen to samples" with a graphic if you prefer.

Note: Not all music products have samples. In that case, the page shown at merely is a tracks listing.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

Thanks David. I believe I will ad this to my details page. At least it will be there if someone wants a quick test drive of a CD they are thinking of purchasing.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread