David,
    I do not know if Amazon makes this available or not, but I certainly would like to add a "listen" button to the asinsearch details page if the returned results were specific to music.

I would like to keep the customer on my page until the last minute. If Amazon does not allow this in the AWS service, then perhaps Amazon.pl could add a graphical link to Amazon's "listen" page that could be opened up in a new window or something. What do you think?

PS
    When is the new version of Amazon.pl officially coming out? I have heard nothing about it yet.

Dennis

AWS only provides the track names; it does not indicate if an audio sample is available for a track. Also, I'm not sure if the samples can be played remotely, that is, you might have to listen to them at the amazon.com website (not sure about this).

If you want to add a "Listen to samples" link to your format template, you could use the following:

<!--if details.tracks.track-1-->
    <A HREF="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?tag={amazonid}&path=tg/detail/-/{details.asin}%3Fvi%3Dsamples" TARGET="_blank" >Listen to samples</A>
    <!--endif-->

The "if" statement causes the link to be included only if there are tracks, that is, if the product is a music product. Replace the text "Listen to samples" with a graphic if you prefer.

Note: Not all music products have samples. In that case, the page shown at amazon.com merely is a tracks listing.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

Thanks David. I believe I will ad this to my details page. At least it will be there if someone wants a quick test drive of a CD they are thinking of purchasing.

Dennis

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread