Results 1 to 2 of 2
June 29th, 2003, 05:18 AM #1
- Join Date
- January 18th, 2005
I do have the feeling that this is an Amazon XML prob rather than an ae.pl prob... but just in case...
I've noticed that with many items -- at least with the digital cameras I spot-checked -- the price displayed via ae.pl is often higher OR lower than the price shown on amazon.com's Web site.
Any idea why this might be? Or how to better insure accuracy?
June 29th, 2003, 09:31 AM #2
There's probably 3 possible reasons why the prices might appear differently between Amazon.com's AWS (Amazon.com Web Services) and amazon.com's website:
1. AWS has the incorrect price. This has been reported on Amazon.com's discussion forum by some users of AWS.
2. The price recently changed and the old price is in your ae.pl data cache (ae-cache directory). In that case, either lower the cache stale time (cache.stale configuration variable) or purge that page from the cache so it is loaded fresh next time (add &purgefile to the URL).
3. At the amazon.com website, you're looking at a "new & used" marketplace price. That marketplace price could be lower than the "Amazon.com price" returned by AWS.
So, the things you can do about the potential price difference are either:
1. Turn off prices by setting configuration variable: showprices no
2. Add a note to your page template such as "Prices subject to change. Click for current price."
3. Lower the cache stale time; however, this means potentially more data traffic and some slower results (because of first fetch to fill cache).
4. Ask Amazon.com to make AWS match their website
per: David Cusimano
By mastertechs in forum Midnight Cafe'Replies: 1Last Post: April 6th, 2013, 11:00 AM