For the past two days my best seller page dealing with books has refused to give up any information. "No Results Found" is all I can get. Any one know what the problem is? I am assuming its Amazon, since I certainly have not changed anything. It appears to be a on again, off again proposition with Amazon.com

Dennis
    http://www.diversautograph.com/store/Books.html

Same here... Bummer!

-Brandon

Amazon.com is having problems with the bestselling books datafeed (browse node 1000). Amazon.com has posted on their discussion forum that they are aware of the problem and are working on it.

Until Amazon.com fixes the problem, you can configure ae.pl (formerly called amazon.pl) to use a similar but different browse node for bestselling books. Using a text editor such as Windows Notepad, create a text file called ae-2.ini that contains the following 3 lines:

browse.remap.books 504358
    browse.remap.283155 504358
    browse.remap.549066 504358

Put the ae-2.ini file in the same directory on your webserver where ae.ini is located. Note: If you renamed ae.pl to something else, such as shop.pl, then name the .ini file similarly, such as shop-2.ini

If you don't like the results displayed by amazon.com's browse node 504358 ("Books > Formats"), then you can replace 504358 in the three lines above with a different Amazon.com browse node number, such as 17 (which is "Books > Literature & Fiction").

Once Amazon.com fixes the problem with browse node 1000, you can delete the ae-2.ini file so that browse node 1000 is used
    again for bestselling books.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

[This message was edited by cusimano on July 07, 2003 at 01:41 PM.]

This method is now returning calendar results.

Now what??

-Brandon

Amazon.com is still having problems returning "Bestselling books" through Amazon.com Web Services (AWS). Until amazon.com fixes the problem which is at their end, affiliates who use any AWS-based script cannot show "Bestselling books" (browse node 1000).

I just tried accessing browse node 1000 via AWS and AWS returned an error about 40% of the time. Until amazon.com fixes browse node 1000, keep using the "browse.remap.*" lines in your ae.ini file.

You might want to try the following browse.remap.* lines in your ae.ini file intsead of the ones mentioned earlier. These lines cause "Books > Literature & Fiction" (browse node 17) to be displayed when "Bestselling books" is requested.

browse.remap.books 17
    browse.remap.283155 17
    browse.remap.549066 17

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread