I want to build stores around specific themes. My thought is to just modify the store theme and create the navigation and categories that I that are narrower in scope.

I think I know what I need to do to work with this script - it has much flexibility.

Here's the question:

I'm using {cfg.script.url}?type=browse&mode=712542 to browse for apple computers. Is there any way to get a name equivalent for the number. I notice some browses can be done with a name i.e. {cfg.script.url}?type=best&mode=computers and some with apparently only numbers.

I am using virtual directories and my goals is to not only have my keywords in text on the page but in my URLS as well. I see that http://www.music-scores.com/ does exactly what I want to do, but I don't know exactly how they did it.

Do you have any suggestions?

Only the top level browse nodes have names (e.g.: books, dvd, toys, ...). All other browse nodes must be referred to by number. Amazon.com has many thousands of browse nodes and amazon.com does not provide any way for AWS (Amazon.com Web Services) to refer to them other than by number. Associate Engine converts the names to the corresponding number (these name-to-number mappings are hardcoded into ae.pl, this is possible since there only a few of them).

You can include keywords in the URL by using Virtual Directory with pre-defined searches (search.* configuration variables). Note that this requires that you manually pre-define all your searches.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread