I want to build stores around specific themes. My thought is to just modify the store theme and create the navigation and categories that I that are narrower in scope.

I think I know what I need to do to work with this script - it has much flexibility.

Here's the question:

I'm using {cfg.script.url}?type=browse&mode=712542 to browse for apple computers. Is there any way to get a name equivalent for the number. I notice some browses can be done with a name i.e. {cfg.script.url}?type=best&mode=computers and some with apparently only numbers.

I am using virtual directories and my goals is to not only have my keywords in text on the page but in my URLS as well. I see that does exactly what I want to do, but I don't know exactly how they did it.

Do you have any suggestions?

Toronto, Canada
    Only the top level browse nodes have names (e.g.: books, dvd, toys, ...). All other browse nodes must be referred to by number. has many thousands of browse nodes and does not provide any way for AWS ( Web Services) to refer to them other than by number. Associate Engine converts the names to the corresponding number (these name-to-number mappings are hardcoded into, this is possible since there only a few of them).

You can include keywords in the URL by using Virtual Directory with pre-defined searches (search.* configuration variables). Note that this requires that you manually pre-define all your searches.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread