ABW Ambassador
    Two weeks ZERO sales! I was doing real well then ZIP...NADA...ZILCH. Anyone else seeing this?

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    uh huh

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

I'm not seeing quite *that* bad a situation with them. I've been getting sales most days this month.

But they're mostly for really small amounts. Many marketplace sales. I got a 6-cent commission from them today -- whoopee!

Amazon is doing so poorly for me that I'm not putting up any more pages for them unless something changes dramatically.

-- Mike

This month I'm doing about 1/3 what I did last month.

what is your epc with amazon?

use gross click figure to compute the figure

http://8n.nu

Definitely swirling ...

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

ABW Ambassador
    Hmm. Thread reminds me of a scene from Jackass ...

BTW, I didn't even know AMZN added a plumbing/fixtures/hardware/whatever store.

Grabs the newspaper...

I went through a period last month with Amazon where I went several weeks with no sales whatsoever. Traffic and click throughs were normal.

Then I started seeing sales again. So far this month, things seem to be fairly normal, although the sales I have are all bunched together on the same days, with nothing in between. Might be a fluke of Amazon's 1959 technology reporting, who knows...

Andy

When I last went through a zero patch, I queried the fact with Amazon - they carried out a test purchase - after that things went back to normal. Sales have never been high but they are consistent. This year is about 3 times last year but don't think we have hit gold because it averages out at 3 a day!

'I am not young enough to know everything.'
    - Oscar Wilde

ABW Ambassador
    Sales slow for me too, but then they always are at Amazon EXCEPT in the run up to Christmas when my sales skyrock up to about 10 times "normal".

I dont devote much time to putting up new pages for them anymore, but Christmas made them worth it last year.

==================
    http://ez-search-engine-optimization...ap-builder.php

From a Non-Amazon affiliate;

I thought that Amazon went parasite free and didn't allow them in their program.

Last time I checked, Amazon is affiliate with Care2.com. A Top Moxie run program.

Whether this has anything to do with it, I don't know.

If they are going to run again with the wolves, you amazon affiliate are "Bait".

Allen

I look for the day, when every affiliate from every nation can climb to the mountain top and yell,
    'Free again, Free Again."

Today is a national day of parasite free shopping.

I can tell you why your Amazon sales are lousy right now. Do a search in Google for anything Amazon sells and they're showing up for it now. They've optimized their pages to show up for *everything*.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AAnnAArchy:
    I can tell you why your Amazon sales are lousy right now. Do a search in Google for anything Amazon sells and they're showing up for it now. They've optimized their pages to show up for *everything*.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amazon certainly slower with me too - but I'm not sure that's the reason - I just Googled a couple of my touchstone amazon searches and I'm still up there.

--------------
    Are you Crazy?

ABW Ambassador
    Remember back when AMazon wanted to be on everyone's front page? ....to Tier up in %. Well That's now come back to bite us in the butt.

Since Amazon runs inhouse. Google looks at every amazon link as a link to Amazon.com and since every affiliate of theirs promotes their link....lets say "baby crib" without the quotes.
    They come in Number 3.

Reason is because of 1 million of their affiliates promoting "Their- amazon" baby crib.

I quit building amazon links except the odd book. I'm tired of competing with them in the search engines, using their products. So I've now turned to other affiliate programs to fill the amazon spots.

Hopeing to be Amzon free by 2004

"Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open." Thomas Dewar

Yes, i do not use SEO to promote amazon products.

People come to my site is not looking for the product name.

Thus, the fact that their products show up high in SEs is not a reason.

http://8n.nu

ABW Ambassador
    sorry wasn't really directing my comments to you. More to AAnnAArchy on why they are so highly in the search engines now.

I can't comment on Your lack of sales. I can only speak of mine. And that is my reason for lack of sales. Is I'm continually competing with them for their products in the search engines. So I give up.

"Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open." Thomas Dewar

It is impossible to determine an accurate ratio of sales because of the fact that 75% of what is ordered is never shipped.

This has been happening for the last 3 quarters. When I ask Amazon why?.........all I receive is the same techno stuff.

Orders get cancelled, etc. etc......

Heck fire 75% of the orders do not get cancelled. Maybe 1% I would agree. But not this high ratio.

Who can actually prove those orders were never shipped? Not I............ Not you.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm making sales and never seeing the commission from it.

From 195 items ordered only 48 were ever shipped........... according to Amazon.

You figure the odds on that one.

195 orders .. 48 shipped = a lot of sale reps time in cancel work .. wowsa' ... I can see the Amazon stock fally steadily if that is a continued sales conversion ratio trend.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

I have a hard time buying this scenario. A 75% no ship to order ratio? Give me a break! Do they really want you to believe that only 1 out of every 4 orders placed gets shipped?

Is the merchandise not being shipped the type that would likely be subject to fraudulent or bogus credit cards? Some things seem to invite this type of activity.

I've noticed periods when I have slow or no sales from Amazon, but at the end of the quarter, when all is said and done, 99% of my orders are shipped on average. I can handle 1%, but your situation does seem excessive, and you deserve a better response from Amazon as to why this is happening.

Andy

January 1, 2003 - March 31, 2003
    Items ordered = 88
    Items shipped = 72
    81% shipped

April 1, 2003 - June 30, 2003
    Items ordered = 175
    Items shipped = 118
    67% shipped

Hummmmmm shouldn't there be an additional 16 items shipped being carried over from last month??? Providing there were on back order or something?? Nope, not see that here.

July 1, 2003 - September 30, 2003
    Items ordered =90
    Items shipped =45
    50% shipped

So lets see here: for the total of 3 quarters there were 353 items sold. But by Sept 30, there were still only 235 shipped. Wonder whatever happened to the 118 items there were never accounted for?? By the end of three quarters any items out of stock or back ordered, should have been caught up by now.

Total average shipping to sales ration for Amazon for three quarters is only 66%

To answer your question more specifically the majority of my items sold are music cds or paperback books. Yeah.......... those seriously high dollar items that people have such buyers remorse they cancel a $10 sale. NOT.......

I could see buyers remorse and cancellations on an item over $100, but not a $10 music cd. I could see out of stock or backordered, but not NEVER shipped.

First quarter 81% shipped, second quarter 67% shipped, third quarter only 50% shipped. I see a serious problem here. It is not that my customers are not buying. It is because Amazon says they are not shipping, therefore no reported sales.

Which raises a serious question to my mind. Is Amazon really not shipping them or just not crediting the sales to me? If 50% of my customers were not receiving their products, I know darn good and well, they would have been yelling their complaints to me.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread