ABW Ambassador
    I came across this poster site - what version is this, the poster links are very odd?!

[URL=http://[/URL]

[edit to remove url - Please don't post other affiliates URL's ]

[This message was edited by Tj on October 17, 2003 at 02:52 PM.]

That website (which is mine) was build with the redir configuration variable set to yes. When set to yes, all links then use the URL specified by the redir.url configuration variable (e.g.: /cgi-bin/go.pl); the final destination URL is encoded and included as a parameter (e.g.: /cgi-bin/go.pl?u=ENCODEDURL). The go.pl script is not released. How effective it is against scumware is unknown.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

ABW Ambassador
    That's very interesting.

Some affiliate has signed up thru my number and given YOUR url as their website address then.

I've reported it to Michelle, she responded and says she will leave it in case it was a mistake and they change the URL, but she'll keep an eye on their account.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> [edit to remove url - Please don't post other affiliates URL's ]

[This message was edited by Tj on October 17, 2003 at 02:52 PM.] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Rather unnecessary. David is a moderator, if he cared about HIS url being shown he would have removed it himself I am sure.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Rather unnecessary. David is a moderator, if he cared about HIS url being shown he would have removed it himself I am sure.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Samy, I also had no idea who's address it was, but I AM aware of this:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Member Identity or URL Exposing
    Any member who posts another member's url or urls to their site(s), their real name or other personal information without the owners prior approval, shall immediately be banned.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Which can be found here: http://www.abestweb.com/rules.htm

Yep, URL postings are not appreciated. TY TJ!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    Ok.

How did I know it was an ABW members website?

I see domain names talked about ALL the time here and I was just doing the same, it wasn't necessarily an ABW member.

Samy,

IMO it's not appropriate to post ANY affiliate URL with the permission of the publisher. I wouldn't even recommend publishing your OWN url!

After reading the post about why you were asking I understand your reasoning, but you should have sent David a PM or an email with the url.

I'm not picking on you, and realize there are other exposed URL's every day of the week, some get moderated, and some get missed.... Hope you understand

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread