i was reading around the FAQ and saw a roundabout answer to my question. the FAQ says you can have up to 10 affiliate ID's. i am skeptical because i didn't see any documentation stating how you push one affiliate ID to one niche site and another affiliate ID to a different niche site. can this be done and how is this done? thanks!

Sounds like you need multiple installations of ae.pl

what is meant in the FAQ by:

Can I run Associate Engine on several websites?

Yes, you can run Associate Engine on several websites provided that you own the websites, you own the domain names, and the amazon.com associate ID belongs to you. No additional licenses are required (for up to 10 different associate/tracking ID's).

Does that mean that with one license you can run 10 different sites/variations?

Yes, you need one ae.key for each url If you run more than 10 sites, then you will need to buy another licence... This is great value for money, you can easily cover the cost of the script with just ONE site!!!

one key for each URL? that doesn't make sense... this issue is as clear as mud.

i decided to purchase the key and from what i can tell so far this would be a better description:

one amazon affiliate id per key and ten installations of ae.pl

is that more accurate? i was thinking you could use multiple affiliate id's. at least that's what the faq looks like.

You know what... I'm probably wrong I use multiple sites and multiple key's ....David will confirm the correct info for you I'm sure

I have one key for each ID... I prefer to have one ID per site to keep my stats straight

Sorry for the confusion

i appreciate your help, because you are the only one that is helping me right now so please don't take my confusion as an insult.

after going thru the registration process i'm wondering what i actually paid for. the email i used to buy thru clickbank was different than the email i used for getting my key and i still got a key.

how does he keep track of who requests and gets keys? i don't remember providing a receipt number or anything that ties me into an actual order. it seems i could have requested a key for free.

seijitsusa,

Each ae.key file is for a particular amazon.com associate ID (or tracking ID). You can use that same ae.key file on all or as many of your websites that you want (provided that you own those websites). Some webmasters have more than one associate ID (or tracking ID) -- in that case, another ae.key file is required for each additional associate ID (or tracking ID). Up to 10 ae.key files can be requested per Associate Engine license. You do not have to buy a new license for each associate ID (or tracking) that belongs to you. If more than 10 ae.key files are required, then another Associate Engine license must be purchased (it permits another 10 ae.key files).

For example, if you have one associate ID (one ae.key file) and 25 websites (or 100 websites!) (and you own all those websites), then you could install Associate Engine on all of those websites. And you could still request 9 more keys in the future!

To obtain an ae.key file, fill in the key request form at http://www.c3scripts.com/amazon/key/ When we receive a key request, we manually verify that it is from someone who has purchased a license. When a license is purchased (via ClickBank.com), ClickBank.com sends a receipt by email to us that details what was purchased and who purchased it (name and email address) -- NOTE: the receipt does not include credit card information and does not include address information. If we cannot match the name/email with a receipt, then we ask the person to forward their ClickBank.com receipt to us.

In summary, you can use a particular ae.key file on more than one website. And you can request up to 10 keys per license. We feel that this is a good value.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

that is a good value, but how long does it take to get another key? i submitted a request this morning and haven't heard back from anyone. my initial key was provided to me within an hour.

thank you for the complete explanation, the FAQ should be updated to include that info. you'd probably make sales more readily. this issue kept me on the fence for about a week because it simply wasn't stated.

i see you updated the FAQ. makes more sense now.

btw, "feel" is "fell" in the FAQ (last sentence).

Keys are created as we process each request. It is not an automated process. Depending upon our workload, please allow 2 business days (excluding weekends).

I just finished processing all the current Associate Engine key requests (as of 6:09pm EST). So please check your email; it should be there now.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread