The Amazon script just shows Price as the default but I was wondering if I could add the List Price and the Savings info, something like this:

List Price: $39.99
    Price: $23.99
    You Save: $16.00 (40%)

Bryan

Bryan,

You can display "List Price / Price / You Save" by using the formatting codes shown at the end of this post (modify the <font> tags if you want a different font or size or color). These are used in the ae-format/c3.fmt formatting file (example) as well as some of the "list" formats.

To have this information show up on the details page, add the formatting codes to your ae-format/details*.html format template file such as details6.html (to use details pages, see asinsearch.format configuration variable).

To have this information show up on the results page, add the formatting codes to the <!--format.list1.cell--> definition in the formatting library.

Note: These changes will be in the next release.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

<p>

<!--if !details.yousave.zero--><!--if details.listprice-->
    <b>List Price:</b>
    <font style="text-decoration: line-through">{details.listPrice}</font><br>
    <!--endif--><!--endif-->

<b>Price:
    <font color={cfg.prices.color}>{details.ourPrice}</b></font>

<!--if !details.yousave.zero-->
    <br><b>You Save:</b>
    <font color={cfg.prices.color}>{details.youSave}
    ({details.youSave.percent})</font>
    <!--endif-->

</p>

Thanks, I made the changes to mylibrary.txt and the list displays work fine now.

I also decided to change my GRID= settings to the C3 default format, which works great except for one situation:

< !--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/amazon.pl?ssi&type=browse&mode=229763&format=c3&sort=+salesrank" -->

I replaced my old grid= syntax with format=c3 but it is ignored. Is there something else overriding it?

Also one other question, the grid= syntax has a setting that forces all the items with photos to the top. Since I'm no longer using grid= is there another way to prioritize the items with photos?

Thanks again for all your help. My Amazon sales just keep going up, up, up thanks to your product!

Bryan

1. I assume that you mean the "Top Sellers" grid that shows up at the top of browse index page, example.

Those top sellers on browse index pages are shown using a &lt;script&gt; tag that has grid as part of the parameters. On this example, the tag is &lt;script src="http://www.bime.com/amazon/script/nocredit/browsenodesearch_229763/mode_videogames/grid_xgridb.html"&gt; (which is equivalent to /cgi-bin/ae.pl?script&nocredit&browsenodesearch=229763/mode=videogames&grid=xgridb). In ae.ini, xgridb is defined as:

xgridB "c:3,r:2,if,p,m,e,br,at,n,h:669999:FFFFFF:Top_Sellers"

FYI, the xgridB grid sytle is specified in ae.ini via:
    browse.grid xgridB

So if you want "List Price / Price / You Save" to show up on the top sellers grid, then you'll have to modify the formatting code definitions (in ae-format/library.fmt) used to make grids. In particular, modify &lt;!--format.grid.cell--&gt; and &lt;!--format.grid.cell.under--&gt; (format.grid.cell.under is used if the "u"-underneath grid option is used).

We originally designed the grid to only show the price since we wanted to minimize the screen space used by the grid. A future release may have a configuration variable to display "List Price / Price / You Save" in grids.

2. To have the c3 format template sort images first (just like the grid "if" option), edit ae-format/c3.fmt and change:

&lt;!--format.header columns=3 fullRows fixedColumns--&gt;

to:

&lt;!--format.header columns=3 fullRows fixedColumns sortImages--&gt;

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread