ABW Ambassador
    I'm just wondering if there is any way to restore the artists first names... On the allposters site, although the navigation uses surnames, the actual poster is displayed with both the artists names - is there any way we can do that too?

I'll be lining up hosting for a new domain ASAP in january, I am absolutely busting for the next update

The name of any category can be changed by using a "catname" statement in your allposters.ini file.

For example, to change the category name of "Dali" (category #1195: Museum Art > Museum Artists > Modern Masters > Dali) to "Salvador Dali", use the following catname statement:

catname 1195:Salvador Dali

or if you want "Dali Salvador" then use:

catname 1195: Dali Salvador

(the space after the : is optional)

IMPORTANT: The category name cannot contain a comma. So "catname 1195: Dali, Salvador" will not work.

To determine a category number, go to your own website and navigate to the category you want to rename. Then look in the URL to determine the category number. The URL will be something like: DOMAIN.com/art/c1195-dali.html

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

ABW Ambassador
    Yep I see that in the bottom of the script, but when it comes to individual artists, there are several thousand - I was just hoping there was a way to add them to the actual data - I'm not sure why Allposters would remove their first names to start with.

The latest allposters.pl (v3.12.31) comes with an allposters-2.ini configuration file that contains 1089 catname statements to rename categories so you don't have to do the renaming manually

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread