When I run allposters the tdefault.html template layout is replacing the t0.html layout.

I have edited to the templates and created totally different layouts to try and see what was happening.

I also noticed that, at the bottom of both of these templates that the BODY AND HTML Tags are reversed as in:

/HTML
    /BODY

instead of:

/BODY
    /HTML

Is this simply a typo or is there a reason for this?

Thanks.

BTW - anyone tell me how do you post and show the brackets around the TAGS?

The t0.html template file is specifically for the home page (0=root top-level category). If you want, you can create a custom template for each category, e.g.: t101.html would be the template for category #101 (and its subcategories) which is "Movies". The tdefault.html file is for all other categories that don't have a tCATEGORYNUMBER.html template file. If you look at the bottom of the t0.html file you'll see <!--noinherit--> which prevents that template from being "inherited" by all its subcategories.

The released template files should already contain valid HTML, i.e.: end with </BODY> followed by </HTML>. If it isn't then just fix it.

Exactly which file are you referring to? Please include the directory name and the filename,
    e.g.: allposters-template/beige/tdefault.html

FYI, to type <TAG> and/or </TAG> in a message in these forums, click the "Options" link that appears below the text window (additional options will appear) then click the "Disable HTML" checkbox.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

[This message was edited by cusimano on January 15, 2004 at 08:09 PM.]

Thanks for walking me through that David.

I had the idea that the t0.html was for the index page for each category, so naturally when doing the initial install with only the "Animals" category I was getting the results that I should have been getting - but thought there was problem.

The directory "allposters-template/red/tdefault.html and t0.html" had the TAG reversal.

Thanks for your patient help as usual.

I just checked every template in allposters.pl v3.12.31 and they are all fine, including the ones you mentioned.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

Very weird. I had copied the files and directories after I had unzipped them. The original files were fine. Only the copied files had the problem.

I must be sleepwalking and making changes in the middle of the night. How the heck did this come about? What else have I done?

ABW Ambassador
    Richard,

I've never been able to figure out why but whenever I create custom templates I have the same problem with the tdefault.html template replacing the t0.html template. I've always just went in and cleaned up the index page by hand. It doesn't happen when I use the default templates and settings though so I've assumed it is something I'm doing wrong in my templates or my ini file.

Affiliate-Blog.com

The t0.html (that's a zero) will be used only if you select all categories. The root category is 0 (zero). If you select something other than the root, e.g. Movies posters (category 101), then the script doesn't start building at the root (0) but rather at Movies (101) so it never encounters category 0 thus t0.html would not be used. In this example of Movies posters, the script would be looking for t101.html (101 is Movies) and if can't find that, it uses the default template called tdefault.html

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread