Affiliate Manager
    Hi Everybody,
    I was able to customize the templates, generate the pages, etc...
    But I still have a few questions and was wondering if you could help me.

- Is there a way to generate a home page that will link the categories, or I would have to do it manually?

- Is there a way to include like the most popular posters for each category on the index page of each category?

- on fnformat I set it to "n" so I would only have the name of the category on the file name, but it still adds the "c####..." to the file names. Why?

- Do you guys have any stats on what works better: having or not prices, having framed or unframed links, etc...?

- And, is there an open source version of the script?

I appreciate your help.

skuba,

1. Home page: If you have "categories 0" (zero is the root category #) to include everything and then "catdelete NUMBER" to delete the categories you don't want, then a home page will be created. But if you just have "catgories NUMBER,NUMBER,NUMBER,..." to include categories then a home page will not be created.

2. Most popular: In your tdefault.html template file, add the following where you want the category's popular posters to show up: &lt!--include:best-->

3. fnformat: Remove the comment from the end of the line, that is, remove the # and everything after it. There appears to be a bug in allposters.pl v3.12.31 regarding parsing of values with comments.

4. Prices/links: Accoring to AllPosters.com, showing prices appears to help (this is in general, whether you're using allposters.pl or not). No recommendation about links.

5. allposters.pl: All of our scripts are closed source.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks a lot David.
    Is there any documentation with more options like includes, etc...?

Affiliate Manager
    When I said have the best sellers of each category, I didn't mean inside each category. But more like on the home page, instead of having just links to categories, have some featured categories showing a couple of the most popular posters for that category.

Thanks

skuba,

allposters.pl documentation (draft version) is at http://www.c3scripts.com/allposters/docs

If you want bestsellers on the home page for a particular category, then copy the <IFRAME> from that category's page to the home page template file (t0.html). You can put anything you want in the home page template. FYI, the <IFRAME> (generalized with { } substitution variables) can be found in allposters-include/best.html

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread