Dear members,

I am so looking forward to get working with Associate Engine (AE) script however i would like to find the best / recommended webhost to start with.

My webhost (which has always been excellent) has not managed to work with it. hence my question (wat is a recommended webhost for the AE script?).. any tips?

thanks in advance.

kind regards
    Richard

Welcome to ABestWeb

This question has been asked many times...

everyone has their favorite hosting company...

I recommend you do a little digging here in the forum and you will find several recommendations..

Joe

And, that's the bottom line because it's my2cents!

Hi - thanks for asking the question about webhosting. And, a special thanks to David for directing me to this thread.

I've been a user since I first learned of David's script from Affiliate Guru Alan Gardyne several years ago. The script has been a great contributor to my success as an affiliate.

That success has lead me to begin a new venture at AssociateHost.Com. What we are creating is a web server that is optimized to run the scripts, and hosting fees that will include installation of ae.pl as well as update installations when David releases a new script.

With most shared hosting, your site might be on a server with 200 other websites, or even 2000. (Believe it or not, some shared web hosts will put that many sites on one server although most average in the 200-500 range!) On our server, we will not exceed 100 websites on one server, and we expect to add a server when our first box reaches about 40 sites on it.

My personal server currently has about 120 sites on it, and AE.pl tends to be processor intensive when it gets busy. If a server is handling requests for hundreds or even thousands of other sites, your affiliate site suffers. We hope to avoid that situation with our experience and keeping a close eye on server loads. David has also helped us with optimizing ae.pl's setups to reduce processor loads.

I truly believe that more affiliates will utilize the script if they don't have to worry about installing and maintaining the script. Installing an update can put you on edge. We'll work out the kinks on one of our sites and hopefully make updates seamless for our customers.

I fully expect to have the site live this week, or weekend. We've already firewalled, secured and configured the server. We're currently working on the website itself, and presentation of our packages and services. As a startup, AssociateHost.Com will be more of boutique-type of specialized webhost. Our plans will offer disk space and bandwidth packages created to meet the demands of Cusimano.Com's script requirements. I'll do my best to serve AssociateHost.Com customers, and hopefully, we'll all be friends and business "partners" for a long time.

Thanks for reading this message. And a big thanks to David for the opportunity that he has created for us all.

-Brandon
    AssociateHost.Com Webhost

I host dozens of AE.pl sites on a server from http://www.ev1servers.net

I believe these guys are unbeatable in price and service. They have dedicated servers starting at $89/mth (with only a $1 setup fee).

And get this: all servers include a staggering 700 GIGABYTES of data transfer each month!

I am leasing a second server beginning in March (this is when they are opening yet another data center with 21,000 additional servers).

Anyway, that's my recommendation.

Bryan

Associate Engine: DesignerBooks.com| Allposters.pl: FamePosters.com| Bettym.pl: CustodianStore.com

In my experience, ae sites make very bad neighbors on shared hosts - I know, I got kicked off several before I too moved to a dedicated server at ev1.

Thing is, my first server - a Celeron - could only handle so much, and even on my current dual Xeon processor server, there's nothing I'm doing that dents the processors like ae.pl running on several accounts.

Apart from the fact that I'm opposed to making it easier for people to use datafeeds ... I'll be interested to see how you manage up to 40 ae.pl sites on a server. Maybe you can do something with cacheing since they'll presumably all use the default templates (sorry - couldn't resist ).

It will also be good to see if - as with motorsports - the benefits of this performance tuning get passed down to those of us with production models

--------------
    Are you Crazy?

I've used Rackshack/ev1 since 2001. I agree that they present a tremendous value to those who can manage and secure their own servers. But renting an unmanaged server from anyone is a bad idea to those who can't install their own firewall, update their own kernals, etc, or spend the time learning how to do those tasks, or spend about another $100 per month hiring a $65/hour server administrator do those tasks for you. If you have fewer than 20 domains, finding a good shared host is probably a better choice.

That's where I hope to fit in. I think I can serve those folks who have 1-20 domains, and want to run Associate Engine, or other scripts, but don't want the hassle, time and $$ involved in a dedicated server. If those folks are paying $5-10 per month for hosting on a shared server that they might get kicked off of because their one ae.pl is slowing the other 200 sites on that server or pay a few extra dollars for a host that also installs ae.pl and updates it for you?

I hope we're a no-brainer for those folks who want a little extra service and peace of mind for a few more dollars per month. And also for those folks who don't currently use ae.pl because they aren't experienced with installing stuff on web servers.

From my experience, increased earnings will pay the additional expense, and much more. (And you'll spend your time creating web pages and earning more commissions, rather than troubleshooting perl or apache.)

-Brandon
    AssociateHost.Com (coming soon!)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>rather than troubleshooting perl or apache<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Interesting... I've been running David's scripts for some time now, and have NEVER had to troubleshoot perl or apache

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tj:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>rather than troubleshooting perl or apache<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Interesting... I've been running David's scripts for some time now, and have NEVER had to troubleshoot perl or apache <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exaccerly - hence my barbed comment about templates. If someone can't install and configure one of these scripts, then I doubt if they'll be up to working the templates etc.

I'm just not sure that the world needs another x identical poster/collectibles/amazon sites.

--------------
    Are you Crazy?

http and a telephoto
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tj:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>rather than troubleshooting perl or apache<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Interesting... I've been running David's scripts for some time now, and have NEVER had to troubleshoot perl or apache <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here, I have them on several domains, was on shared, then on VPS2, now on a server where all my domains are "shared" and I don't run into problems running the script. And my logs show the script getting called pretty heavily on all domains.

Other than CGI access and decent bandwidth what else do you need?

Deborah Carney
    Link up!
    Submit your sites, if you fit the criteria
    http://coolcraftsites.com/directory
    http://coolpetsites.com/petlinks

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread