Hi All-

Question, each time you run the bettym datafeed script, will it overwrite the existing files or do we have to delete them first?

Also, I just finished today and many of the main categories are returning 404s

thanks~

I'm pretty certain (99.9999%) it will overwrite them.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Existing files are overwritten (that's 100% certain). In a future version of bettym.pl, a configuration variable will specify whether existing files are to be overwritten or skipped.

If you're getting 404 File Not Found errors then probably the bettym.pl script did not run to completion. Check the log file bettym-log.txt and see what the last few lines are. If it didn't complete, then run the script again.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano
    Affiliate Tools: Datafeed Merge

ok. is there a closing statement after it runs? it just stopped after a product line so i didn't know if it was finished.

In bettym-log.txt, the number at the beginning of the lines indicates how many files are left to create. So, the last line will say "0:". Then after that is the "Start/End/Elapsed" time information. Such as:

5: APO PA5400: Rechargeable Wireless Sound System for Medium Groups --> rechargeable-wireless-sound.html.gz
    4: APO PA6000: Rechargeable Wireless Sound System for Large Groups --> rechargeable-apo-pa6000.html.gz
    3: HML MM6: Mighty Mike Loud Speaker, Loud Speaker with Siren --> mighty-mike-loud-speaker.html.gz
    2: HML MM6S: Mighty Mike Loud Speaker, Loud Speaker with Siren --> mighty-mike-loud-hml-mm6s.html.gz
    1: HML PACCD30: Public Address System with Cassette & CD Player --> public-address-system.html.gz
    0: HML SP60: Extension Speaker for Most Public Address Systems --> extension-speaker-for-most.html.gz

Start: Friday, April 30, 2004 14:38:04
    End: Friday, April 30, 2004 16:57:01
    Elapsed: 138m 57s

If you ran the script using the linux nohup command, then you might also want to see the last few lines of the nohup.out file (it is nohup's log file and should be in the same directory where you ran nohup from, that is, where bettym.pl is located). The nohup.txt file might say "killed" which would indicate that the server killed the process (perhaps because it used up too much memory or ran for too long or used up too much CPU).

Try running bettym.pl again on your server. If it does not run to completion again, then run bettym.pl on your Windows PC and upload the created .html files (to save upload time, pack all the .html files into a .zip file and unzip it on your server).

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano
    Affiliate Tools: Datafeed Merge

Okay, I'll take a look and try again.

Thanks!

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread