Hey David,

I know there is a quick way for me to check the version of ae.pl on each of my sites, but I can't find it on your site. Can you remind me please?

Thanks

You can see the ae.pl version by accessing /cgi-bin/ae.pl (or whatever it is at your site) and then viewing the HTML source and scrolling to the bottom. Near the very bottom you should see the version number and your amazon affiliate ID in an HTML comment like:

<!-- AFFILIATEIDHERE v4.05.31 -->

In the latest version, v4.05.31, you can see the version number by accessing /cgi-bin/ae.pl?version to get the Version Report. The Version Report also indicates what the latest released version is and what your ae.key license expiration date is. Earlier versions ignore the "version" parameter.

Otherwise, view the ae.pl file itself in a plain text editor (such as Windows Notepad or linux vi or head). The version is indicated in the first few lines.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano
    Affiliate Tools: Datafeed Merge

Thanks David, my templates are slightly older than the version of ae.pl I'm running.... but your explanation proved that I'm not running the latest version on ANY of my sites I thought I'd updated one of them, but I guess not.

I was aware of checking the version in a text editor, but I love this new addition!

Thanks!

I have a really stupid question and observation regarding the above and my site (which should hopefully be officially launched soon), I looked in the source of cgi-bin/ae.pl and I don't see my affiliate id with the version number, maybe that's why my formatted templates aren't working within Amazon correctly? I looked in the ae.ini file, but it just says that the affiliate id will be found in the key file, which I have. So why isn't it showing up anywhere on the site? Thanks in advance.... Cris

Make sure that you have your ae.key in the same directory as ae.pl -- note: if you renamed ae.pl to shop.pl (or whatever) then the ae.key file has to be named similarly shop.key

When you access /cgi-bin/ae.pl?version (or whatever it is at your site), does it say "demo"? Did you using a demo key that expires in 30 days or did you purchase a 1-year license? (if so, when?)

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano
    Affiliate Tools: Datafeed Merge

Yep... I checked the contents of the ae.key file and it expired 5/2004. I had purchased the one year key but I neglected to upload and overwrite the expired test file.

I'm usually good for at least one "duhhh" a week - this is #2.

Thank you so much for your time.... Cris

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread