Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Here's my list to CJ bliss:

1. Expired link notifications that show more than one link per message, and actually show the links themselves embedded in the message.

2. A way to set the "My Advertisers" page to default to the setting I choose, and remember it. i.e., alphabetically, by date joined, by EPC, etc.

3. Links at the bottom of the Smartzones pages instead of just at the top. (We scroll to the bottom to see which ads are running, then have to go back up to the top to go to the next page.)

3. More contrast in the graphs.

4. Larger font for the text in the black area at the top of the page.

5. The return of some sort of reversal percentage figure for advertisers. (Total number of reversals per hundred transactions would work. Not having this information published is an invitation to abuse.)

6. The return of individual product link performance data, dump the "Product Catalog 1" as it tells publishers NOTHING.

7. Return the Website Performance feature to the main Affiliate Manager page, instead of burying it. (It now takes 2 clicks just to get to the page it's on, after logging in.)

8. No automatic log outs, most of us understand the need to log out when we're done.

9. The ability to go directly to joined advertisers when adding links to Smartzones, instead of going to the advertiser category page. I usually only add links from joined advertisers to Smartzones, so why isn't that the default?

I know there must be a few others. What have I missed?

Andy

MERCHANTS! Ask yourselves: "What's in my affiliate program that makes it worthwhile to publishers?" Hint: if you have one day cookies, or if the cookie is deleted after the first sale, or if you reverse legitimate transactions, you have nothing to offer.

Automatically boot off Parasite!

Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    The removal of the javascript that forces advertiser info to appear in a pop-up window.

Once you're used to tabbed browsing in Netscape 7 and can open up a bunch of advertiser info pages into tabs, then tab between them to compare them, being forced to click between all these silly little windows instead is a right royal PITA.

Jimmy James Inc. fan club membership # 3312

ABW Ambassador
    I'll put it bluntly - the ONLY thing CJ has going for it is consolidated payments - period

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Get while the getting's good

whoa . . .

expired link numbers are starting to show in the internal email subject headings. sure saves me a lot of time; don't have to open the mail to get the number.

_____
    She was only a stableman's daughter, but all the horsemen knew her.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    expired link numbers are starting to show in the internal email subject headings. sure saves me a lot of time; don't have to open the mail to get the number.
    That may be a little plus BUT then they took away the ability to delete the messages we open while they're still open. Now we have to close the message window, click the box next to the message, scroll down . . .

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Get while the getting's good

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    I'm telling you, keep the ideas and suggestions flowing.

I KNOW for a fact that people who make design decisions read this board sometimes.

Speaking as a person who loves to hear customer feedback, good or bad, I can tell you that we do listen, and we loooooooove it when you tell us what you like and dislike.

As long as you're not a jerk about it :0.

http://www.kowabunga.net

ABW Ambassador

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on April 15, 2003 at 11:02 PM.]

ABW Ambassador

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    quote:
    I KNOW for a fact that people who make design decisions read this board sometimes.

And anyone with half a brain would see the kinds of reactions and opinions being offered in here over the past while that have gone now where. Sure some are half baked, made hastily etc, but many of them are very valid and helpful that have never been implimented nor even acknowledged.
    Would suggest if they are the design decision makers, it's time to start making some of those so called decisions.

WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

1. On the front page, an obvious button/link that lists the day's transactions. At the moment they have something similar, but it only lists "new" transactions. And, for example, one of my merchants automatically approves all new transactions, so they're "accepted" and don't show up in this "new" report.

2. Ability to define an exact date range for performance reports that isn't a whole month or the other options currently provided.

I agree with all of the above.
    Would like to add a few more to the CJ wish list:

1) Put back the "Status" sort for products...when searching network wide for products, would like to narrow the 1000's of products to my joined advertisers! As we were able to do before the "downgrade"

2) Either get rid of the pop up window for the adveriser window or at least minimize it (it blocks my windows toolbar)

3) I know it has been said...please bring back or find another way for us publishers to know what products we are selling!!

Keep in mind CJ...TIME IS MONEY!
    You have made it more time consuming and difficult for us publishers to make money!!!!

Linkshare, Performics etc... must be very happy about your "downgrade" they are seeing more of me and I am sure I speak for others?

Tami

15 years and counting
    quote:
    Jim Kukral - I KNOW for a fact that people who make design decisions read this board sometimes.

It's not true for CJ.
    Two weeks after reading that:
    quote:
    You are now experiencing Commission Junction’s new Account Manager interface as part of the Account Manager 6.0 release. This improved interface also includes new relationship management features that will significantly increase your interaction opportunities in the network.

I'm still mad like hell. I've not been finding one single thing I like better in their CJ 6.0.
    I've been trying to be honest and see beyong my first impression but I'm spending more time to do less. They removed the indicators I need to make my decisions.
    My time is valuable and I'm tired of CJ corporate BS. That's all they know.
    Two weeks was enough to give us back what we need. They are driving their productive affiliates away but they are so d@mb they don't even know it.

CJ, if you think you have a better "relationship management" Think again.

Thanks Andy and Tamy to remind them what we need .

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

advertisers sometimes comment that no publishers seem to be reading the internal CJ email.

CJ used to put the number of emails on the start page.

at least you could tell something had changed.

_____
    She was only a stableman's daughter, but all the horsemen knew her.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Let me add some comments as the affiliate who has been at CJ the longest. The last remaining vestage of CJ's bold move in Spring 2000 is their prompt payment on consolidated commissions. Booting out the CPC merchants and associated affiliates just left open the doors for sleezy LEAD merchants and BHO's we all love to complain about.

Ver 6.0 removes all focus on getting links for joined programs. This ver 6.0 is entirely designed by the needs and wishes of the existing and new merchants to force their programs into your face before their EPC is established. Basically the merchants redesigned CJ to eliminate the negatives and help recruit affiliates via e-mails and mixing joined programs with non-joined programs.

No more can I click the links folder and then display my advertisers by alphabet for replacing creatives.

No longer can I easily verify that some sleezebag reversing, non-converting merchant like eHobbies.com isn't up to their old tricks and just padding their phoney baloney EPC.

A Year to date transaction report "by merchant" would easily reveal the truth CJ is trying to hide to benefit their underwhelming merchnats.

From the eHobbies.com profile:

Description: eHobbies is the World's Greatest Hobby Shop featuring over 50,000 items including rc vehicles, trains, telescopes, rockets, science kits, slot cars, models, toys, gift certificates and more! Earn 3% commission on every valid sale. We also launched www.rcmodels.com and all eHobbies affiliates automatically get the same commission for sales at rcmodels.com Affiliates must generate a minimum of one eHobbies commission each calendar month or your site is subject to. Please note: affiliates are not permitted to bid on the term "eHobbies" or any similar search terms on any pay-for-placement websites. Any affiliates in violation will be immediately removed from the program and ALL earned commissions will be reversed.

YTD summary report for all merchants:
    eHobbies commission $39.09 sales=5 0 clicks=736 impressions=29,152 0.025 $1.34 0.007 EPC=$5.31

FALSE INFO FOLKS.... All sales were reversed in the following months for reason "other". My EPC with then is ZERO as well as the EPC of hundreds of others. The BHO parasites pad their EPC figures and the CJ 6.0 effectively hides from all the real status of their program.

I love to see CJ tar and feather some obvious shady merchants as a lesson to those doing the same within their merchant pool.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

As I have said several times now, as it is my new pet peeve...

CJ needs to watch over and update information provided by the merchant, to maintain, or better yet re-establish credibility that they have now COMPLETELY lost with me.

What is the point of having merchant information if nobody knows whether or not it is accurate?

Jonathon Palbicke
    Webmaster
    www.krookedstix.com
    Webmaster@krookedstix.com
    Krooked Stix, Inc.
    It's all golf baby!

Tod, Please give us some hope that some of the suggestions here will be included in the next upgrade!?

Tami

The top three items that would make me thrilled with CJ:

1. Communication
    2. Communication
    3. Communication

I still think a company of this size, with affiliates and merchants around the world could do a better job of communicating. It's not just the affiliates, here is part of a message I got from a merchant yesterday when they found out all their publishers had expired:

quote:
    Recently, we changed our program terms and when we did this, somehow all of my publishers were expired.

CJ has informed me there is no way to communicate this to my affiliates, so I have been trying every means I can think of to get the word out that you need to re-accept the offer or rejoin the program.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, CJ has given me no explanation as to why this mishap occurred.

Need I say more?

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

1. Pay me more
    2. Remove Parasites

They could actually be one in the same

John

Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.

www.teampb.com

quote:
    1. Expired link notifications that show more than one link per message, and actually show the links themselves embedded in the message.

There will be a daily consolidated message of all links expired on the previous day.

quote:
    2. A way to set the "My Advertisers" page to default to the setting I choose, and remember it. i.e., alphabetically, by date joined, by EPC, etc.

Not in any projects but I will pass it to the powers that be.

quote:
    3. Links at the bottom of the Smartzones pages instead of just at the top. (We scroll to the bottom to see which ads are running, then have to go back up to the top to go to the next page.)

Good idea - I will pass it on.

quote:
    3. More contrast in the graphs.

Good idea - I'll pass it on.

quote:
    4. Larger font for the text in the black area at the top of the page.

I agree. I am not sure why it became so small and difficult to read.

quote:
    5. The return of some sort of reversal percentage figure for advertisers. (Total number of reversals per hundred transactions would work. Not having this information published is an invitation to abuse.)

We are looking at new metrics but won't publish anything until we are certain it will provide value and be consistant between programs.

quote:
    6. The return of individual product link performance data, dump the "Product Catalog 1" as it tells publishers NOTHING.

This is not going to happen. Advertiser can have their catalogs named whatever they want - they don't need to be named "catalog 1".

quote:
    7. Return the Website Performance feature to the main Affiliate Manager page, instead of burying it. (It now takes 2 clicks just to get to the page it's on, after logging in.)

Again, good idea, I'll pass it on.

quote:
    8. No automatic log outs, most of us understand the need to log out when we're done.

We increased the timeframe to help with this. I think it is now 2 hours.

quote:
    9. The ability to go directly to joined advertisers when adding links to Smartzones, instead of going to the advertiser category page. I usually only add links from joined advertisers to Smartzones, so why isn't that the default?

Not sure about this one. I'll pass it over to the decision makers.

Thanks for all the requests/suggestions.

FYI - we do read these posts.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Todd,

So your saying it is the merchants fault that we don't know what product we are selling. If I add a product link to my site and someone clicks on it and buys something. All I am told is catalog 1 for the product. This doesn't help any if I have 20 products on a page. I just want to make sure I undeerstand correctly, Thanks

Coincidence Me baby!

Affiliate Programs That Just Might Work

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    quote:6. The return of individual product link performance data, dump the "Product Catalog 1" as it tells publishers NOTHING.

This is not going to happen. ....

Todd, can you share any reason(s) why not?

----
    -JM
    When you're down It's a long way up
    When you're up It's a long way down

Joseph,

This subject (Product Catalog 1) has been a major irritant to me since the change was made. I seem to recall Todd mentioning that it was a resource hog, or something to that effect.

In my opinion, better information on product links would increase sales, as publishers could make educated decisions as to which items to feature on their sites. As it is now, it's a guess and you only see when a product sells. Which ultimately, is what counts.

However, continual clicks and no sales could indicate a problem on the merchant's end as well. For instance, out of stock. For months at a time. I caught this happening on my site, with several different products all from the same merchant!

They are no where to be found on my site now. This was before the product link info was booted, though. Now I'm totally in the dark. I have no idea what is getting clicked on any longer.

I believe, this is one of the DUMBEST things CJ could do! I would also like to know why this change was made, since it is obviously VERY anti-affiliate. A lot of people are asking for its return, too. Seems like a worthwhile thing to discuss for future upgrades. Perhaps there's a better way of tracking that won't be so resource intensive.

Andy

"If you were born to be shot, you'll never be hung." -Unknown

Andy,

Well said and right on the MARK. I don't have a clue as to why we don't have some of the most important information that without a doubt will help us increase sales in front of us. I just don't get it.

We can see with general links are performing but that is just a general idea as to what people might be searching for. But if we could see which products are being clicked on, that pin points it down by probaly 75% more. Nope, don't make any sense but then again, when did CJ ....

Coincidence Me baby!

Affiliate Programs That Just Might Work

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast