Are the Top Sellers in each category, like 'Books', the top sellers on my site or from amazon in general?

They don't seem to be either on my site.

For books, I have:
    1)Harry Potter Book 5 Audio CD
    2) Puntos de partida (a book to learn Spanish that I remember using in college)
    3) Mosaicos: Spanish as a World Language
    4) Harry Potter Book 4 Audio CD
    5) The Complete Arkangel Shakespeare (Price $420!)
    6) Good to Great CD: Why Some Companies Make the Leap...And Others Don't

The results are from Amazon.com and they may not match exactly what you see at the Amazon.com website.

All results are from Amazon.com; they are not related to the sales from your website.

You may (and probably do) see differences in what is shown at your website compared to what is shown at the Amazon.com website. This difference is simply because Amazon.com's Amazon.com Web Services (AWS) servers do not use the same data as the Amazon.com website servers. I don't know why Amazon.com has it that way but that's the way it is.

Also, AWS does not provide access to the Books Top Sellers data (browse node 1000). So Associate Engine accesses a browse node 504358 (Books > Formats) -- this is the browse node that Amazon.com AWS support has recommended to use.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano
    Affiliate Tools: Datafeed Merge

It might be nice to add a preference where we can choose which default node to use as the default one for books. For example, I sell mainly parenting books, so having that go directly to node 20 would be helpful. And then I wouldn't have to see that damn punto de partida (I didn't really like studying Spanish in college).

Oh, I guess you already did. That is what the #-- Remap browse nodes in the ae.ini is for, right?

Yes, you are correct. In the browse.remap.* configuration variables in ae.ini, change the value "504358" to "20" (or whatever browse node # you want to use) --- I have not tried using the remap feature to redefine what "top selling books" means, but it should work as you have correctly guessed. FYI, browse node 504358 is the "Books > Formats" browse node which is what Amazon.com recommends using as a substitute for "Top selling books" (which is no longer available).

The browse.remap.* configuration variables remap a particular node such as "123" (or mode such as "books") to another node such as "456". For example, when node 123 is remapped to node 456, and the user requestes node 123, AE will actually fetch results from node 456 instead. This feature was introduced specifically because of the fact that Amazon.com eliminated the "true" top selling books node and a mechanism was required to remap old nodes to new nodes (links to the old nodes from search engines needed to keep working).

All the best.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano
    Affiliate Tools: Datafeed Merge

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread