I had no idea that allposters.com sold t-shirts until I just saw some commissions for them. Did anyone else notice this? I would love to see a great mix of concert t-shirts. I guess the script will have to be updated as well.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I did notice earlier this week while making some pages but at that time there was no way to automatically build links for them. I should probably go back and check.

Nice, huh? 25%+ for t-shirt sales. Ooh, yummy!

Yeah I just checked and they paid 25%. A nice plesant surprise since my poster sales have dropped. They had set a target for next month to get a bonus, and the way things have been, I thought there wasn't a chance. Maybe now there is a glimmer of hope.

Yep I've sold some t-shirts too.

However I gather US students go back in August so maybe it will prove to be a very seasonal thing.

Les

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Websmith, kids go back to school typically the day after the Labor Day holiday (first Monday of the month).

College students start back anywhere from late August to early October.

The t-shirts still aren't available through the link generator on AP. I gotta go annoy somebody about that!

ABW Ambassador
    I've already spoken up about it

I looked the other day and there were only 3 shirts available, then I looked again and their were over 1300.. at this rate they'll have more than the big t-shirt sellers with affiliate programs.

Good onya allposters

I really think the dip in sales can be attributed to too many users of the cusimano script.

SamyT,
    I don't think the dip is due to the number of Cusimano users. I think the dip is due to search engines penalizing those sites. Have you checked your rankings lately for poster items? I used to see sites using Cusimano on within the top 10. The last time I checked, the first cusimano site appeared on page 5. I think we all got a big slap in the face by Google, et al. As for the t-shirts, they are year round sellers. At least the concert t-shirts. It looks like they are going to have quite a few. Keeping the same commission rate would be awesome.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I used to see sites using Cusimano on within the top 10. The last time I checked, the first cusimano site appeared on page 5. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know if Google did anything to my Allposters section or not. I doubt it, since it's always been one of the foundation listings!

Remember, the foundation of any building is on the *bottom* LOL!

I had thought about using their feed myself to make a really unique posters section, but when I saw what AP was calling a feed it made my eyes go .
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Yes their feed needs some work. According to their AM, they are making changes to it, but in my opinion, they are not making all the necessary changes. Perhaps if enough of us sent them an email, they might reconsider. The main problem that I see is the categorization, or should I say lack of.

Hi,

I just checked their data-feed, but there are no products or categories (e.g. 44031) in it so far... :-(

regards,jez

Allposters has just enhanced the data feed. I haven't downloaded it yet to see if t-shirts is in it yet.

Yes the shirts are in the feed and in the product links. Kudos to Brian for getting this taken care of and the improvements in the datafeed.

My god the new feed is massive and it has new fields and columns. Close to 3 million rows in one table.

Is Davids script able to handle this new feed (not from the size aspect but the new fields) ?

The allposters.pl script does not work with the datafeed files directly from AllPosters.com. The script uses a preprocessed version that I create (becuase the AllPosters.com datafeed doesn't have all the necessary information).

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano
    Affiliate Tools: Datafeed Merge

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread