Is there any way to use any extension other than .html for the templates? I would like to use .cfm.

You didn't mention which script your asking about.

Just rename your template file from .cfm to .html ---- Template files are not meant to be served up to the user. Template files are meant to be read by the script and then the result is shown to the user (either from a static file or as dynamic cgi-bin output).

If you are asking about one of the store generator scripts that generates static files (such as gocollect.pl), then do you mean to ask if the created files can have a .cfm filename extension? In that case, yes, you can do that via configuration variables. For example, gocollect.ini has:

indexFile index.html # Name of index files
    htmlExt html # Filename extension of all HTML files
    homeFile index.html # Name of manufacturers list file

You would change those to index.cfm, cfm, and index.cfm, respectively.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano
    Affiliate Tools: Datafeed Merge

David,

I'm using AE and I want to use .cfm files as the templates. For example, if I could rename the Default.html to Default.cfm I could include Cold Fusion tags in the template. Would be the same as using .asp or .php files. I just need the script to recognize Default.cfm as the template I want it to use.

Your Associate Engine (AE) template cannot have Cold Fusion tags in it. AE merely reads the template file as a text file (regardless of filename extension) and substitutes in the products (and any other variable values) into it. AE then outputs all of the resulting HTML to the user. Cold Fusion is not run -- it is ae.pl (a cgi-bin perl script) that is running.

If all you intend the Cold Fusion tags to do is include some other file (like a header or footer file), then you can do that using an SSI #include statement and AE will include the file.

If you want to add AE output to any existing webpage (such as on a Cold Fusion .cfm page), you can do that by using SSI (Server-Side-Include) statements or <SCRIPT> tags that call ae.pl

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano
    Affiliate Tools: Datafeed Merge

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread