I'm using the Amazon script on one of my sites and various bots are coming through a little too good.

Instead of spidering what's there, the bots running a marathon and wandering off into areas unrelated to the site.

How can I let the bots in so I get indexed but not have them jumping around into tools, dvds, specific author and actor searches etc. that don't relate?

I'm using the store template with the tabs and re-assigned the tabs to different shop/type_browse/mode_numbers except for the final tab that goes to shop/template_stores

Any thoughts on how to allow the bot (teoma & msn are mostly running wild) in but not so dang deep?

Thanks

In Associate Engine v4.11.17-beta, you can redirect specified nodes/stores to those nodes/stores at the amazon.com website. For example, adding browse.remote.dvd = yes to ae.ini would cause all pages of the entire DVD store to be redirected to the corresponding page at amazon.com. See AE beta release notes, AE download directory, and list of amazon.com stores.

Currently there is no way to limit the depth ("depth" is the number of sub-directories in the navbar path, e.g.: "DVD / Genres / Action & Adventure / Action Directors / Steven Spielberg" has a depth of 5). One problem with depth is that product detail pages always have a depth of 2 (e.g.: "DVD / SOME_MOVIE_NAME").

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano
    Affiliate Tools: Datafeed Merge

Thanks David, that should help me a lot.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread