I've got a small site using a different amazon associates product that I'm not to happy with. What you seem to be able to do with a line or two of HTML seems to be rather promising.

To make a long story short... my site is currently static HMTL written on a PC using notepad ("relative addressing") and then uploaded to the hosting provider.

This is probably a dumb question but... is there any way that I can test out Associate Engine? I downloaded the "test version", ActiveState Perl (running the "hello" example works)... is there any way to test this... for example plug something like c:\...\cgi-bin\ae.pl?authorsearch=Wayne+Dyer into the address bar and get something back? I've fiddled around with the address but all I get is a windows error message or the standard IE error message?

Do I have to be running IIS?

IIS need to be running you can access the script like this http://localhost/cgi-bin/ae.pl?authorsearch=Wayne+Dyer

The easiest thing to do is to install and run Associate Engine on your web server.

If you have static HTML files on your PC that you want to review before uploading, and they contain <SCRIPT> tags that call Associate Engine, then use full URL's in the SRC attribute of the <SRIPT> tags such as:

http://www.SOME_DOMAIN.com/cgi-bin/a...rch=Wayne+Dyer

When you view your static HTML files located on your PC (before uploading), your web browser will fetch the <SCRIPT> tag contents from your web server (since that SRC URL specifies your web server).

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano
    Affiliate Tools: Datafeed Merge

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread